Data Solutions Product Owner @ TheFork
TheFork, previously LaFourchette, part of the TripAdvisor group, is a pure player company & the European leader of online booking for restaurants. We are an innovative & fast-growing company building a unique community of members to transform the way people dine out! TheFork goal is to become the #1 app for online restaurant booking in the world.
Why join us?
You are passionate about data & comfortable in an international & agile environment? You are ready for the challenge of a SaaS service for several thousand customers & B2C interfaces for millions of users? Are you ready to invest in a company whose entire service is subject to heavy use & is present in close to 20 countries, to accompany its rapid growth? You want to secure services that power the leader of online restaurant booking?
You will join a dynamic & agile team in a quickly changing environment. You will be involved in an international organization that empowers its employees, cares about their career & values sharing.
As theForks data team is growing & many use cases are emerging within all departments to activate data, we are reinforcing our product capabilities in the team by opening new product owners positions.
As a Data Solutions Product Owner, you will be responsible for the lifecycle of data solutions under your scope.
Data solutions include any type of solution or product the data team produces, except reporting solutions (which are under BI scope (such as dashboards on Tableau, .. )).
Examples of data solutions (among many solutions that still need to be developed):
- CRM solution including daily & real-time data flows,
- Restaurants analytics module
- Restaurants recommendation engine
- Personalization engine
- Scoring engine
You will be accountable for:
- Collecting & translating business needs into solutions
- Delivering solutions in line with business needs, data quality & data management best practices using an agile methodology.
- Coordinating teams & maximizing the delivery of the various teams working on those solutions while ensuring their quality & scalability
- Ensuring a high level of SLAs & evolutivity of the solutions.
You will report to the Data Product Manager.
We will measure the success of your position through the following outcomes:
- Ability to understand & challenge business needs, translate them into products development & prioritize products increments to maximize value
- Capability to drive teams to deliver high quality products in line with business needs : high satisfaction of stakeholders on deliveries & products increments
- Ability to maximize the value of the products backlog in strong collaboration with all stakeholders & product owners
- Ability to anticipate issues & build mitigation plans
- Ability to ensure solutions operate within the agreed SLAs: low level of bugs, complaints from users
- Ability to measure solutions performance & align performance to business needs
- Capability to communicate on progress
To achieve that, some examples of your activities will be:
- Animating story mapping & conception workshops with stakeholders (data, business, product, engineering, ..)
- Clearly expressing Product Backlog items, creating all necessary User Stories
- Ordering & refining Product Backlog items to best achieve goals & missions
- Ensuring that User Stories are well defined & complete before embarking them in development (write specifications, tasks sequencing, tests scenarios, with relevant stakeholders).
- Ensuring the development teams understands items in the Product Backlog to the level needed
- Identifying dependencies, risks & issues across on the backlog items, & escalate to the Data Product Manager when necessary
- Ensuring the Product Backlog is visible, transparent, & clear to all, & shows what the developers will work on next.
- Working closely with the Data Product Manager & the lead Data Scientist to prioritize Epics & Stories in alignment with data team directions
You will rely on several data teams who will be in charge of the developments : Data Engineering, Data Science & Business Intelligence mainly.
You will have to coordinate well with the Data Platform & BI Product Owners for any requirements creation, specification & prioritization.
- Experience in defining & delivering complex implementations according to business requirements, business processes & constraints across an enterprise,
- Design thinking that shows the connection between data collection, transformation, analysis, enrichment, quality & business benefit & value.
- Being able to challenge business requirements to optimize the value of the backlog items
- Results oriented with an ability to find ways of solving problems
- Knowledge of data processing & analysis trends & processes
- Minimum 7 years of proven working experience as a Product Owner or Project Manager in a complex environment
- Technical skills regarding data (SQL, Python, modeling, processing, data integration, ) & Machine Learning
- Very good knowledge of data science use cases & their integration in a production environment
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize & analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail & accuracy.
- Able to produce high quality delivery with attention to details, in a timely, sustainable & maintainable way
- Customer Focus, Flexible & Team player
- Strong interpersonal skills & self-directed.
- Must be able to work independently & according to the priorities set by the Management.
- Experience with Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- Excellent French & English verbal & written communication skills
TheFork gives you the opportunity to test our gift card product at the restaurant if you pass the first screen of our recruiters! Ready to test it? Apply now & receive a 25 gift card!*"
* In addition to the processing of your personal data for recruitment purpose, TheFork will process your email address for the purpose of supplying a TheFork gift card. In accordance with applicable law, you have the right to refuse such processing by indicating it to the Talent Acquisition team. Gift cards are available now in France, Spain & Italy.