Our mission is to connect the worlds photographers. Every month, millions of people from around the world use our website & mobile apps to find, share, & get rewarded for the worlds most inspiring photography.
500px, the worlds premier photography community, is looking for a Search Engine Optimization Specialist who wants to elevate search & metadata to the next level. They will be responsible for analyzing trending keywords & popular searches, optimizing existing & new content, & determining the latest buzzwords that will catch eyes, boost visibility, & contribute to the sales of the 500px Creative Stock Collection.
We are looking for someone who wants to define creative stock as new, innovative, & diverse. As part of this role, you will participate in the development of the 500px Licensing product & our commercial content, working directly with our content to scale the application of key metadata terms. You will be responsible for staying on top of key trends within the advertising industry & ensuring the 500px Creative Stock Collection is accurately represented within various trending topics, search terms, & themes.
We want you to live & breathe hot SEO trends & how this is applicable to a wide range of content. You will be responsible for innovating, implementing, & ensuring the accuracy of metadata processes & applications at scale, research & analysis of popular search terms, & boosting visibility on the 500px Creative Stock Collection.
What you'll be doing:
- Perform keyword research in coordination with business objectives to optimize existing content & uncover new opportunities.
- Drive metadata quality & consistency across 500px Licensings diverse, high-volume content offerings.
- Prioritize & maximize the manipulation of metadata to best serve the global customer search experience for distribution partners, while keeping pace with the exponential growth of the collection.
- Effectively communicate with developers, contributors & partners pertaining to metadata standards including the generation of AI keyword feedback & methodology guides.
- Assess AI keyword accuracy, surfacing specific errors & omissions & feeding this information back into the AI keywording process.
- Expand keyword coverage beyond AI keywords, working to improve Community keywording through assessment & clean-up, education, & workflow improvements.
- Create & modify terms in the 500px Licensing controlled vocabulary to support global customer search needs & keyword clean-up.
- Research, analyze & respond to partner feedback, internal feedback & sales reports to improve searchability of the 500px Creative Stock Collection.
What the ideal candidate will have:
- A passion for photography, advertising, & SEO trends
- 2-4 years of SEO & digital content marketing experience
- University Degree or college diploma, preferably with a digital marketing, communications, or related major
- Must have strong analytical skills to collect, compile, organize, track, & analyze data
- Proven SEO experience
- Knowledge of ranking factors & search engine algorithms
- A collaborative spirit, great work ethic, & amazing time management
- A self-starter attitude who can manage multiple projects & creative ideas on tight deadlines
Bonus points for:
- Experience with the photography industry
- A love of photography
- Being a member of the 500px community
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible hours
- Great health & dental benefits, paid parental leave
- Professional development opportunities
Our Interview Process
- Phone screen: < 30 min conversation with a hiring manager
- Case study: we'll ask you to complete a challenge, & then share it with us to review
- Team interviews: 2-3 hours on Zoom where you'll e-meet multiple members of our team
We believe diverse teams perform better, & we seek to increase our overall team diversity. We make active efforts to reduce the impact of unconscious bias in our hiring process.
500px welcomes & encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.