When was the last time you were planning a business trip & really tried to save your company money? If your company allowed you to stay in a fancy hotel, would you ever volunteer to stay at an Airbnb or at a friend's house? How about flying coach instead of business class? The vast majority of employees optimize for comfort & convenience, spending at the high end of their company policy limits, because, well, why not? So how can a company get its employees to care about expenses without implementing draconian policies, creating friction & frustrating employees? How can a company motivate its employees to save?
The answer is Rocketrip. We're a NYC-based startup that rewards business travelers for cost-sensitive behavior. It's a win-win: companies save, while employees cash in with real rewards.
The Revenue organization is comprised of our Sales & Customer Success teams. The Manager of the Revenue Operations team will be responsible for the overall productivity & effectiveness of the broader Revenue organization at Rocketrip & will include planning, forecasting, reporting & analytics, goal setting, compensation design, revenue process optimization & strategic program implementation. You will also partner with the leaders of our business in providing advice on how to improve our Go-To-Market strategy.
As a Revenue Operations Manager, you will partner with the Revenue, Marketing, Product & Finance teams to drive revenue, develop & execute sales strategy, uncover & report on sales/account insights, & manage tools & processes to drive revenue at Rocketrip.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in all facets of sales planning, including headcount, quota plan, territory plan, & Go-To-Market strategies & in coordination with Finance to hit company goals.
- Provide insights & analytics along with tactical guidance to leadership with the ultimate goal of increasing & unblocking revenue
- Partner closely with senior leadership to develop actionable, measurable projects that accelerate sales growth & improve existing sales processes & operations
- Advise on new business growth strategy, churn strategy, existing customer base expansion, sales incentives & segmentation; approach problems analytically to come to data-driven resolutions
- Support weekly & monthly reporting & forecasting for the sales organization, identifying significant changes & trends that will materially impact the company's growth trajectory
- Develop key performance metrics & dashboards that help sales organization focus on key performance drivers
- Gather requirements & project manage changes to our sales & support technology that result in improvements in sales & support rep productivity
- Establish strong working relationships with sales leadership, customer success, marketing & finance to improve overall operations & how the company goes to market
- Work directly with leadership to create & execute on strategies that steer the sales org including overall structure, sales goals, lead generation & management, segmentation / territory optimization, etc.
- Identify areas of market opportunity & gaps to prioritize customer segments accordingly
- Help sales team on complex price quoting requirements.
- Build handoff processes across each Go-to-Market function (Pre to post sales) to ensure efficiency across functions (e.g account scoring, lead routing, post-sales account/opportunity hygiene etc.)
- Conduct sales analysis to help sales hit the target & scale: pipeline analysis, Win/Loss analysis of the deals, Account potential analysis, etc.
- Assist in driving sales compensation design, modeling & managing sales quotas, & plan administration ensuring plans are aligned with philosophy & organization goals
- Provide thought leadership, promote & implement best-in-class sales ops model in strong collaboration with Finance, Marketing, & Business Operations.
- Minimum 2 years of sales operations experience in a business-to-business sales environment, cloud-based/SaaS preferred and, ideally, 1+ in a management consulting, finance, or investment banking role.
- Understanding of sales & marketing platforms, systems & tools including SFDC mastery (complex dashboards & reports, custom report types, workflows).
- Experience working in the areas of process optimization & go-to-market approach
- Exceptional quantitative & MS Excel skills (sumifs, index/match & vlookup, table formulas, pivot tables).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills. You can hold a meeting with directors & VPs & C level executives.
- Endless curiosity coupled with a roll up your sleeves & get things done mentality.
- Proven ability to be successful in a complex, fast-paced environment, planning & managing at both the strategic & operational level.
- Experience driving projects from start to finish & leading cross-functional teams
- Familiarity with sales tools such as Insight Squared, Looker, Outreach, etc.
- Salesforce Admin Certification
- Extremely detail oriented, accurate & organized
- Strong analytic & problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral, written & interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to interface with all levels of management
- Customer service focused & solution oriented
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
Here at Rocketrip, we...
- Competitive compensation & equity options
- Unlimited PTO time
- Employer paid health insurance, vision, & dental
- Matching 401(k) plan