WHAT WE DO MATTERS:
Here at The Knot Worldwide, we believe in doing work that matters. In 16 countries around the world, our leading family of brands (The Knot, WeddingWire, Bodas, Hitched, The Bash, The Bump, & more) inspire, inform, & celebrate our communities as they move through lifes milestones. Our couples & business partners depend on us. They're all in. So are we.
ABOUT THE ROLE AND OUR TEAM:
The Financial Planning & Analysis team provides comprehensive financial insight into our business, forecasting & driving efficient growth. We partner with business leaders across The Knot Worldwide to forecast TKWWs continued growth & provide timely insights, reporting, & analysis on high-impact business decisions. Our team is passionate about using data, analytics, & strong business judgement to drive optimal decision making across the organization.
TKWW is looking for an innately-curious, data-driven, & self-starting Director to join our team in the Barcelona area. The Director's primary function is to coordinate & analyze financial information in order to forecast TKWWs performance, provide actionable reporting & recommendations, & inform strategic planning across the Company. As a leader on TKWWs FP&A team you will work with an FP&A team across Barcelona, DC, & NYC to help scale our planning & analysis capabilities, globally, across the organization.
- Collaboration: Partner-oriented focus, you are able to build relationships with functional teams. Work closely with department heads to help them achieve their stated goals through timely & insightful analysis of business performance. Additionally, collaborate with the Accounting team on completion of monthly & quarterly financial closes & incorporation of actual results into the rolling forecast.
- Planning: Develop department-level financial budgets & forecasts (across a diverse set of business types) utilizing inputs from department managers & project-focused spending plans. Establish a deep understanding of key drivers of each supported function & leverage data to build insights about our products & competitors.
- Modeling: Understand KPIs & business drivers to create financial models & evaluate strategic alternatives.
- Analysis: Design & execute regular financial analysis to identify critical areas for attention & the evaluation of strategic options. Help develop & monitor critical success metrics & communicate actionable insights to relevant stakeholders.
- Reporting: Build repeatable processes to prepare reports & presentations for management, the Board, & other key stakeholders. Provide meaningful & informative analysis to explain any variations in the business results from the financial plan.
SUCCESSFUL DIRECTOR, FP&A CANDIDATES HAVE:
- 8+ years experience in a financial/analytical role with a record of increasing responsibility.
- Exceptional analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) & relationship building skills.
- Expert-level knowledge of Excel, Proficient knowledge of Google Sheets & Slides.
- Ability to build models from scratch as well as improve existing models, ensuring their quality, timeliness & accuracy.
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, & execution focused.
- International business experience & English language skills.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, finance, accounting or statistics is preferred. Candidates must be able to demonstrate strong quantitative analysis skills.
ITS A BONUS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience with NetSuite & Adaptive Insights, or other enterprise-grade financial systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively in meetings & describe deliverables & project milestones.
- Experience analyzing & manipulating large data sets, ideally with Power BI/Pivot & Qlik
- High Energy & innovative, with the ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
- Ability to work under pressure & within short time constraints in a complex system.
- Experience in investment banking, investment research, or big 4.
At The Knot Worldwide, we believe you are more than a resume & invite you to go for it, take the leap of faith, & apply for this job if it sparks your passion to join TKWW & make a difference!
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
- You Dream Big. You iterate & experiment to drive innovation.
- You Love Our Users. You keep our global community at the center of everything you do.
- You Do the Right Thing. You strengthen your team through respect, fairness, & inclusion.
- You Hustle Every Day. You favor urgency & own your outcomes.
- You Win Together. People are at the heart of our success & you play as a team.
WHAT YOU LOVE ABOUT US:
The Knot Worldwide offers a unique employee experience & we are deeply proud of our award-winning culture. From flexible vacation & generous parental leave benefits to promoting wellness & giving back to our community, we believe in happiness above all elsein & out of the office.
The Knot Worldwide provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, The Knot Worldwide complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. The Knot Worldwide expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.