Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Role:
As an intern for the UX research team, you will gain experience in the breadth & depth of critical research functions. You can expect to participate in everything from research planning, facilitation, analysis, operations, & presentation to stakeholders. Your contributions will have a direct impact on the products we build & how we market them to our users & prospects.
• Work closely with our User Research Lead to define research goals & shape strategy of an emerging research discipline
• Collaborate with product management, design, marketing, & research teams to identify key research questions & develop interview guides
• Support & conduct generative & evaluative research with current customers & prospects to aid in product development, voice & tone recommendations, & user & buyer personas
• Conduct a research project end-to-end & share findings with relevant stakeholders
• Aid in research operations for the team, such as recruiting, codifying data, & summarizing trends to share in reports
• BA/BS degree in Anthropology, Human Factors, Psychology, HCI/Computer Science, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
• Comfort with analyzing data & looking for trends & patterns to make actionable recommendations for product development & marketing
• Able to manage multiple projects & meet deadlines
• Eagerness to learn, self-motivated & able to effectively work remotely
• Experience with qualitative or quantitative research methods, such as interviews, field research, surveys, usability studies, statistical analysis, etc.
• Graphic design and/or presentation creation skills
• Interest in local & municipal government