As a Customer Support Agent at Makerbot, you will spend your days helping our customers troubleshoot technical issues with their MakerBot products. Your technical mastery of the proprietary MakerBot hardware & software will be invaluable to our customers & through email, phone, & chat youll help resolve their issues with your thoughtful assistance. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our internal technology teams to resolve more complex issues & provide testing feedback on new products.
Applicants must have current authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis -- this employer will not sponsor applications for work/student visas.
This position requires superior written & verbal communication skills.
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Field & efficiently diagnose customer reported technical & post-sales issues via phone, email, & chat
- Coach customers at all technical skill levels through the 3D printing process from unboxing through completing a print
- Provide clear, professional & friendly communications to both customers & internal MakerBot contacts through the troubleshooting process until resolution.
- Efficiently escalate issues internally in the event the issue cannot be resolved via normal troubleshooting steps
- Share the knowledge you gain on the job by contributing articles to our internal & customer-facing knowledge bases
- Participate in training & orientation of new team members as your expertise increases
- Provide support & testing feedback to our Technology team
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Efficient organizational skills & the ability to multitask & prioritize in a high-volume, fast-paced environment while dealing with frustrated customers
- Ability to work independently as a part of a collaborative team utilizing individual decision-making & critical-thinking skills
- Ability to remotely troubleshoot hardware & software
- Familiarity with the basic mechanics & electronic components of 3D printers
- Prior experience with CAD software
- Genuine enthusiasm for emerging technologies
- Experience with shipping & receiving logistics
- 2+ years of experience in a technical customer support role
- Delivering support in a fast-paced, SLA-focused environment
- Experience with ticketing software like Salesforce & JIRA
- People: We have some of the most talented, diverse, & collaborative teams in the world who love to push the boundaries of innovation.
- Office Space: From the moment you step onto the 21st floor of our office in Downtown Brooklyn - the high energy & view of multiple bridges & the Statue of Liberty - will take your breath away!
- Perks: We have great benefits, fun social events, & of course all the free snacks & ping-pong tournaments that you would expect at any cool tech company.
MakerBot, a subsidiary of Stratasys. (Nasdaq: SSYS) is a global leader in the 3D printing industry. Our mission is to advance tomorrow's innovators & institutions by empowering the professionals, educators, & students of today. Rather than solely focus on hardware, we offer connected solutions that address the wider needs of professionals & educators. These solutions provide a faster more effective way for engineers & designers to test ideas & for educators to prepare students for the jobs of tomorrow.
Founded in 2009 in Brooklyn, NY, MakerBot strives to redefine the standards for reliability & ease-of-use. Through this dedication, we have one of the largest installed bases in the industry & run Thingiverse, the largest 3D printing community in the world. We believe there's an innovator in everyone join us.
MakerBot is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all applicants for all positions without regard to race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, status with regard public assistance, veteran status, or membership in any other legally protected class.