What is Slice?
Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
Slice is looking for a Financial Analyst to help drive the monthly reporting, & quarterly & annual planning cycles, of the business. You will play a key role in ensuring the timeliness & accuracy of investor/management reporting, help keep budgeting running smoothly, & will help lay the foundation for future finance hires as we scale up the team. Reporting to the FP&A Lead for Budgeting & Reporting, this cross-functional position will give you the opportunity to work with VPs & Executives across all business areas, delivering key insights to help them grow their respective teams.
Read more about our initiatives here.
What Youll Do:
- Create monthly variance reports for each team at Slice, measuring their financial performance against their planned budgets
- Create monthly financial statements (Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Statement of Cash Flows), measuring the companys financial performance against budget
- Partner with Accounting & budget holders to ensure the accuracy of bookings
- Participate in planning cycles, consulting with budget holders on their headcount & vendor needs
- Work with our Financial Systems team to document best practices in data gathering & reporting
Who You Are:
- You have 1-3 years of experience in a finance, accounting, or an operations role
- You are an Excel power user & are comfortable with the broader MS Office Suite, & ideally the Google Suite (gmail, google sheets, google slides)
- You have exposure to accounting systems, an EPM, & Looker or other BI/Data Visualization Tools
- You thrive in an unstructured environment with a large amount of autonomy
- You are comfortable with, or are looking for more exposure to, working directly with C-Suite stakeholders
- You are looking to grow your finance, accounting, & communication skills
We operate like a startup, so being self-motivated, curious, & flexible is a good start. You prefer to come up with your own solutions to problems but are not afraid to ask for help. You enjoy making suggestions for how to improve our product & business, no matter the department. Youre the kind of person who roots for the underdog. And lastly, this job will probably be a lot easier if you have a soulmate-level love for authentic pizza.
- Market Leading Salary
- Strong Pension contribution
- Personal Health, Dental & Eye Care
- Income & Death insurance
- Cycle Scheme of up to 2500
- 750 per annum self-learning budget/working from home allowance
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Market leading Maternity & Paternity Schemes
- Flexible working / Hours & WFH
- Generous time off allowance & policies
- Free Friday Pizza & Monday Breakfast
- Fully stocked kitchen/snacks
- Annual conference attendance & training/development budget
- Substantial gym membership discount
- Discounts for local Pizzerias
How to apply?
A CV gives us a good idea of your background. Education is great to see, but it's not overly important to us. If you have them, be sure to include links to any personal projects, blogs, contributions, or anything you want to add to your application.
My Pizza Slice is an equal opportunities employer & we value Diversity. We appreciate the differences in style & perspective as we believe it adds value to the organization, & we aim to recruit like-minded employees. We are also proud members of the Diversity Mark NI initiative as a Bronze Member.