Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data & technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US & we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
The Field Account Manager (FAM), Canada role oversees our largest Dealer Partnerships & is responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of paying customers. A FAM has a strong relationship with both internal (Regional Sales Directors) & external (Dealer Partners) stakeholders. FAMs are responsible for providing effective consultation to customers through regular performance analysis & support. FAMs work closely with Regional Sales Directors (RSD) to drive growth within the existing customer base through product upgrades, new product sales, & renewals. Through effective relationship management & proactive engagement, the primary objectives of a FAM are to protect against dealership churn, deliver an unparalleled customer experience, & drive the growth of product & services usage.
- Manage account base of roughly 350-400 paying accounts (60-70 groups)
- Become a subject matter expert on all CarGurus products (Listings Packages, Digital Suite, Data, Wholesale, & Retailing products) & services (to provide all levels of technical support)
- Cultivate partnerships with Regional Sales Directors to work in tandem on shared accounts
- Conduct regular in-person meetings accounts to educate how to maximize the value of the CarGurus platform (15%-20% of time)
- Complete post-sale onboarding for new dealerships & dealership personnel
- Provide dealership & group-level performance analysis; identify areas of potential improvement
- Advance cross-departmental collaboration (Support, Billing, Data Integrity, Product & Engineering) to convey key issues & promote new ideas within the CarGurus organization
- Develop deep & wide-ranging relationships with dealership decision makers & staff, in-person & remotely via phone & meeting tools, to increase our span of influence & number of CarGurus champions within the dealership
- Prospect, identify, & qualify upsell/cross-sell opportunities & renewal candidates to directly support MRR expansion efforts
- Generate & progress sales-qualified leads to be closed by Regional Sales Directors
In summary, the Field Account Manager provides ongoing support to maximize the overall level of client satisfaction & minimize customer churn. To ensure the best customer experience & in turn an increase in product adoption, stickiness, & revenue per dealer, the FAM collaborates in lockstep with their RSD counterparts to create a seamless spectrum of CarGurus engagement for any customer. From initial onboarding through steady proactive & strategic consultation, a FAM serves as the face of CarGurus & trusted advisor to customers throughout the partnership lifecycle.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women & other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat & see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning & development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks & benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, & more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted & transparent automotive marketplace, but trust & transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves & their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
We recognize that flexibility plays a critical role in enabling our people to thrive in both their personal & professional lives. We currently welcome Gurus into our Cambridge, MA office on a voluntary basis but do not require employees to physically be in the office. We will adopt a hybrid working model when health experts & government officials in our local communities deem it safe to do so. Specific arrangements within this model will be up to team leaders discretion; we encourage you to discuss your questions & needs during the interview process.
All US CarGurus employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation. This helps us to safeguard the health of our employees & their families, our customers & visitors, & the community at large.