Bread is a technology company that aims to transform the world of paper credit card applications & hidden interest rates by providing leading point-of-sale financing options for merchants across the e-commerce journey. We build tools, technologies & APIs that allow merchants to integrate an installment loan financing & checkout experience anywhere in their customers shopping journey. Bread was started in 2015 by financial technology veterans, & has experienced explosive growth to date. Were backed by top investors including Menlo Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kinnevik, among others.
We have enormous & engaging technical challenges & are designing an API that can drop easily into any one of dozens of ecommerce platforms, proprietary & off-the-shelf, hosted & on-site. We need to verify online identity & predict fraud while providing a beautiful & frictionless consumer experience, & mine user & financial information to approve & price credit, all in real time. And we are using technology to explore new approaches to consumer credit marketplaces that have never been attempted before.
Come learn what were all about at www.getbread.com.
We are looking to hire a software engineer to join the current technology team in continuing to build out our core platform & product. This senior engineer will:
- be responsible for leading design & implementation of new features & iterations of our core platform
- continue to develop our core infrastructure for Breads scalable & reliable services
- deliver new working code every two weeks in a fast-paced, code-focused agile development environment
- work with the rest of the engineering team to deliver new functionality to face merchants, consumers, investors, & internal users
- design new iterations of our merchant integration APIs
- be on the front lines responding to customer issues & ensuring smooth integrations
- Expert knowledge of server-side languages & data stores (our system is built with Go & PostgreSQL, but were also happy to speak with those that have strong backend experience with other languages, including JVM languages like Java or Scala; Python; or C++)
- Experience with message-based, loosely coupled architectures (we use RabbitMQ & Redis)
- Experience with public web APIs
- Experience building scalable, reliable distributed systems
- Experience developing systems intended for cloud deployments (we use AWS)
- A passion for engineering & technology
- Knowledge of financial products
- Experience with Go/PostgreSQL/Rabbit/Redis
- Knowledge of e-commerce platforms, like Magento, Shopify, Demandware, or others
Do you have any questions, we would love to hear from you - Jacob@breadfinance.com