HashiCorp is a fast-growing startup that solves development, operations, & security challenges in infrastructure so organizations can focus on business-critical tasks. We build tools to ease these decisions by presenting solutions that span the gaps. Our tools manage both physical machines & virtual machines, Windows, Linux, SaaS & IaaS, etc.
About the role
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is accountable for achieving & sustaining adoption (measured through the verified achievement of value-based outcomes), mitigating renewal risk, & identifying expansion opportunities across their portfolio of accounts. You will do this by understanding customer goals & the outcomes prescribed to achieve these goals with the product(s) purchased, developing strong rapport with all user personas linked to the adoption of these products, & executing defined customer success journey milestones via prescribed playbooks.
In this role you can expect to
You will manage a portfolio of accounts, & as the Customer Success Manager, will be accountable for the adoption & health of each account. You will be a critical player in driving long-term customer success & demonstrating the value of HashiCorps products to our customers.
To be successful in this role, the Customer Success Manager will work across teams including Customer Success Architecture, Enterprise Account Management, Renewals, Solution Engineering, Professional Services & Support.
- Be accountable for the success of the customer journey for your portfolio accounts as measured by both the health score & gross revenue retention & expansion for each account
- Be responsible for directing the execution of the Outcome Delivery & Customer Management processes for your portfolio.
- Coordinate the transition of your accounts at the point of acquisition as well as when new products are purchased via expansion motions.
- Work closely with the Customer Success Architecture, Enterprise Account Management, Renewals, Solution Engineering, Professional Services & Support teams to resolve identified risks & escalated issues in a timely manner & properly communicate/set expectations with customers.
- Bring the voice of the customer to HashiCorp as you partner with engineering, marketing, & product to deliver best-in-class customer experience for your portfolio
- Measure, report & analyze account health, playbook progress, account sentiment in order to optimize the customer journey continuously through innovative practices focused on driving adoption, retention & expansion
- Coordinate, develop, & lead customer business reviews
- Be responsible & accountable for the timely creation & upkeep of your account(s) health score, notes, success plans, & calls to actions in Gainsight
- Help identify & build great customer success practices that will scale across a growing team
- Responsible for leveraging tech-touch to support digital customer success journeys & outreach.
You will be successful in this role if you have
- 8+ years of TAM, CSM, or program management experience with technical aptitude. Prior hands-on experience is a strong plus.
- Well-organized self-starter with an excellent work ethic, attention to detail, & a desire to learn
- Outstanding written & verbal communication/presentation skills to lead onsite or remote strategic business reviews
- Strong listening skills with the demonstrated ability to ask effective questions, dive deep, understand the customers business priorities & anticipate the customers needs
- Strong interpersonal skills & the ability to work with various teams with varying backgrounds & skill sets
- Ability to discuss high-level technical concepts with non-technical stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in stressful situations, respond to customer needs quickly & effectively, adapts to change, & is comfortable with high levels of ambiguity
- Skilled at driving the deployment of software products or solutions to large & multifaceted global companies
- Thrives by having regular interactions with customers & is proactive in their outreach.
- Experience working with customer relationship management tools & case management solutions (Gainsight/Salesforce)
- Able to thrive & be successful in a remote-first culture
- Ability to travel internationally & to Hashicorp events as needed
HashiCorp embraces diversity & equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, & skills. We believe the more inclusive we are, the better our company will be. #LI-MY1