Peloton is looking for a passionate Senior Director, M&A Technical Diligence to help us vet & evaluate opportunities for growth through acquisitions, strategic investments, & partnerships. Reporting to the VP, M&A Diligence & Integration, this person will work cross-functionally with key stakeholders & potential targets, & will play a critical role in a wide range of M&A-related projects & transactions.
The M&A function sits within Pelotons broader Strategy & Corporate Development team & is responsible for conducting competitive landscape research & identifying, evaluating, & executing M&A transactions, strategic investments, & partnerships that support the long-term strategy of the company.
The ideal candidate for this role will be an independent, strategic, & technical expert who is a strong team player (no job is too small or too large mentality), has an outstanding work ethic, has excellent technical asset & talent evaluation capabilities & is willing to operate as an owner to create value for the team. Additionally, this role requires strong communication, diplomacy & collaboration skills, as being a team player will be critical for success.
- Assess engineering personnel at M&A target companies for talent, capabilities, technical expertise & acumen, & culture fit
- Evaluate system architecture (e.g., cloud architecture, application architecture, enterprise architecture) & facilitate high level code reviews
- Assess M&A target Intellectual Property, algorithms & tradecraft
- Evaluate scalability of technology platforms & adaptability for Peloton's needs
- Assess (or engage specialists to assess) M&A target software, APIs, hardware specifications, firmware, electronics, etc.
- Determine if there is a "there there" with potential technology-focused M&A opportunities, & determine whether the targets are worthy of conducting deeper dives & engaging key stakeholders from our core product development, e-commerce, & enterprise IT systems teams
- Draft reports & memos summarizing technical diligence findings to be shared with internal stakeholders
- Present & communicate technical diligence findings & perspective with stakeholders, sponsors, & senior leadership
- 15+ years of experience in M&A, Technical Diligence, Engineering & Product
- Previous experience as an Engineering Manager responsible for recruiting, leading, evaluating & mentoring engineering & technical teams is preferred
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Excellent technical asset evaluation skills
- Proven ability to assess technical talent & capabilities
- Strong background in business intelligence & competitive analysis
- Experience with strategy design, planning & execution
- Ability to work collaboratively & thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Proven ability to cultivate & maintain strong cross-functional relationships both internally & externally
- Exceptional interpersonal & written / verbal communication skills
- Outstanding attention to detail & self motivation
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 2.6 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Fire TV, Roku, Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada & Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.