What you build & where it takes you shouldn't be limited by the capabilities of your database. We created CockroachDB to be the most highly evolved, cloud-native, distributed SQL database on the planet. Making scale so simple, you don't even have to think about it. Making data so resilient, it becomes impossible to destroy. Making delivery so seamless, your apps run anywhere. Join us on our mission to build a different breed of databaseone born in the cloud & built from the ground up to help companies of any size scale fast, survive disaster, & thrive everywhere.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Technical Content Marketer to be responsible for producing & editing the highest-quality, engaging, shareable content that represents Cockroach Labs & CockroachDB. You will create technical white papers, blog posts (for Cockroach Labs & third-party blogs), & more across multiple digital channels to attract, engage, & convert visitors, combining your unmatched storytelling skills with a passion for technology to generate attention for CockroachDB.
This role will blend your technical knowledge with your journalistic & creative skills. You will create content to engage users, prospects, & key influencers in the infrastructure industry. The ideal candidate is a prolific & talented technical content creator with a portfolio that showcases strong writing & content creation skills, a record of hitting deadlines, & a mind for how to create a digital conversation that will engage target audiences.
- Drive interest by creating technical content, including white papers, presentations, blog posts.
- Provide thorough reviews to ensure content is error-free & aligned with brand guidelines.
- Collaborate across functions & silos to meet content marketing business objectives.
- Distribute content through appropriate channels to achieve goals.
- Optimize content to improve search engine ranking, visitation, & conversion rates.
- Assist with PR initiatives & product launches.
- Manage & develop editorial calendars & workflows.
- Provide accurate & timely project reporting on content marketing activities.
- 6+ years of experience in content development, journalism, or other writing/editing.
- Experience or formal training in software development or technical writing
- Excitement about Cockroach Labs mission & an interest in database technology.
- Ability to work cooperatively with, & gain the respect of, software developers.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Ability to evaluate the structure of a piece & revise it to improve structure, flow, & clarity.
- Passion for writing & storytelling with a strong portfolio of writing samples both long & short form.
- Ability to independently manage multiple projects, prioritize effectively, & meet deadlines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of SEO, SEM, & analytics best practices.
- BS degree or equivalent experience.
In your first 30 days, you will immerse yourself in our market & product, so you can gain proficiency in your communications. You will go through our current sales onboarding program, as well as Cockroach University. We believe that it's important for you to take this first month to observe enablement & training programs currently in place to become familiar with our company, technology, & message.
During this time, you will build relationships with various teams at Cockroach Labs, including with engineers, tech leads, & product managers. You will work closely with engineering , product, & marketing to further grasp our current product, sales approach, & customers. As you gain confidence in the message & technology, you will be called upon to begin developing content pieces.
After 3 months, you will be fully integrated into the team. While you will continue to deepen your understanding of CockroachDB, you will be engaged in multiple writing project, & setting & implementing priorities in coordination with the Content Director & the rest of the marketing team.
Reporting to Jessica Edwards, Head of Corporate Marketing
Jessica has been marketing for technical products & companies for the greater part of a decade, & worked with non-profits for years before moving into the tech space. She has a deep love of storytelling, education, knowledge-sharing, & community building. After 13 years in NYC, she recently moved to Portland, OR, & is still getting used to the rain.
- 100% health insurance coverage (for you & your dependents!)
- Paid parental leave (with baby bucks)
- Flex Fridays
- Flexible time off & flexible hours
- Education reimbursement
- Relocation support
Cockroach Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer building a diverse & inclusive workforce. If you need additional accommodations to feel comfortable during your interview process, please email us at email@example.com.