THE ROLE: Short-term AP Analyst
Were looking for
- The right person to play a key role in the department who possesses a high level of integrity, curiosity, strong discipline, & a high degree of accuracy.
What youll accomplish
- Process invoices based on receipts of inventory in the warehouse
- Troubleshoot of Purchase Order or Goods Receipt missing on invoice
- Resolution of quantities & price variance; & freight issues
- Prepare debit memos for all items in receiving exceptions (not received or return to vendor)
- Monitor exception reporting & request documentation of delivery from vendor as needed
- Research factor & vendor statements as received by email & regular mail
- Maintain vendor records & files as needed
- Monitor Rue Lala Invoices mailbox
- Handle various administrative tasks such as mail, scanning, filing, archiving, faxing, photocopying & proofreading
- As needed, act as back-up for other AP staff, including Manager.
- Perform a variety of routine & non-routine clerical/accounting functions in accordance with established procedures.
THE RIGHT FIT:
- Strong knowledge of Accounting & Accounts Payable principles
- Strong analytical skills & attention to detail is a must
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high volume environment
- Able to multi-task & meet deadlines
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, & Outlook
- Advanced Excel experience
- Experience in an ERP accounting system such as People Soft
- General Ledger & Accounts Payable account reconciliation
- Understanding of Inventory accounting & payables
- Ability to communicate with co-workers & business contacts in a courteous & professional manner
- Ability to take ownership of accounting responsibility & workflow
Bonus points for
If youve got everything going on above, youre already a strong fit.
If you have the following too? You earn some extra credit from us.
- Being team-oriented & able to interact effectively & influence people at all levels & across all functions of the organization.
- 1-2 years accounts payable experience
- Accounts Payable experience in a retail, business to business or business to consumer environment preferred
ABOUT THE FINANCE TEAM:
Fun, dedicated, hard-working team who truly loves our impact on Rue Gilt Groupe! We manage the operating expenses of the company & make impactful decisions on a daily basis. We work closely with every department across the company & regularly interact with senior management.
Rue Gilt Groupe is the premier off-price, e-commerce portfolio company, connecting more than 35 million shoppers with coveted designers & in-demand labels at an exceptional value. Three complementary brands Gilt, Rue La La, & Shop Premium Outlets utilize world-class technology & marketing to strategically support our brand partners & engage our shoppers daily. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping & the best-in-class experience that todays customers demand.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor work visas at this time.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer & selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.