Imagine yourself here!
OpenGov is a mission driven fast-growth, Series D, venture backed startup (includes Andreessen Horowitz, Formation 8, & Emerson Collective). Our Board of Directors includes iconic Silicon Valley executives John Chambers (former Cisco Chairman & CEO) & Marc Andreessen (Time Magazine's list of the 100 most influential people in the world).
OpenGov is the leader in modern cloud ERP software for our nation's cities, counties, & state agencies. We have surpassed 1,000+ governments (and growing fast!) using our products in our mission to power more effective & accountable government.
OpenGov is a 2021 Top Workplaces USA award winner!
About the Customer Support Specialist Role:
The Support Specialist - Tier 1 is responsible for all front-line customer interactions via phone, chat, & email in the Support organization. The ideal team member will provide quality first response to omnichannel customer interactions, providing technical support towards first contact resolution, & achieving high customer satisfaction. This position will work closely alongside the Application Support Analysts - Tier 2, Professional Services, & Customer Success teams to solve customer cases.
Customer Support Specialist Responsibilities:
Work block for this person would be 8-5PM EST
• Provide customer technical support via omnichannel interactions in order to achieve key performance goals, ensuring customer interactions are addressed in a timely & accurate manner & meeting or exceeding service levels.
• Utilize service desk platform (ZenDesk) for case management by providing adequate log notes, timely case updates, & work towards First Contact Resolution (FCR) for incoming inquiries to Support.
• Triage customer reported incidents for severity, urgency & content to ensure consistency & quality in case content.
• Perform research across various tools to determine if the incident is a known issue or defect.
• Conduct troubleshooting by replicating incidents versus the expected results & document steps to reproduce prior to escalating to Tier 2.
• Contribute to the existing knowledge base & support peer education & efficiency through documenting repeatable processes.
• Develop the skills necessary to troubleshoot a wide range of products & technologies using standard procedures.
• Participate in scheduled training sessions to learn internal & proprietary technologies.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• 2+ years of Support Center experience with SaaS products required
• Strong interpersonal, written & verbal communication skills required.
• Strong technical aptitude to problem solve & understand complicated problem statements required.
• Proficiency with documenting cases by traiging, responding, troubleshooting & resolving required.
• Excellent organizational, time-management, & prioritization skills required.
• Ability to collaborate & thrive within a team environment required Ability to learn new technologies & concepts quickly required.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities required.
• Experience with a Service Desk platform (ZenDesk, Service Cloud, SNOW, JSD, etc.) required.
• Experience with a Knowledge Management system & creating knowledge articles required.
• Must be able to work specific shifts to provide support during business hours required.
Participate in rotating on-call after business hours support required.
• Experience working with government (state or local) customers or agencies preferred.
• Working knowledge of accounting & budgeting principles preferred Procurement, sourcing or bidding experience preferred.