LendKey is solving a complex challengeto improve lives with lending made simpleby helping financial institutions compete in the digital age & provide a delightful customer experience, while providing borrowers with the simple, transparent, digital borrowing experience they have come to expect & desire. LendKey works with hundreds of credit unions & banks to conduct their education & home improvement loan programs.
This is a hands-on Engineering role that will focus on solving complex technical problems & creating scalable solutions for our platform. This person will help lead one of our cross-functional agile teams, which is staffed with a Product Manager, Business Analyst, at least one Designer & several Engineers.
What youll do:
- Design & develop high quality, scalable, multi-threaded, multi-tier, web-based applications using the latest technologies & software best practices
- Lead a cross-functional team in story-mapping exercises; in certain cases sharing the responsibilities with the Principal Engineer in outlining the overall scope & user story process of product developments & enhancements for a project; participate in release plan overview as well as identifying areas of risk & exposure in group discussions
- Code, at least 30% of the time, & often more
- While we expect collaboration within our scrum teams, the Technical Team Lead has the responsibility to assign engineering resources to execute the backlog. They are responsible for execution
- Be dedicated to the team, 100%.
- Work with stakeholders to define technical options & agree on solutions
- Ensure that the team follows good engineering practices
- Communicate the status of their backlog to stakeholders both within & outside Engineering. Our technical leads know how to manage their teams & their customers.
- Mentor & motivate less-experienced team members to enhance code quality & velocity; lead by example
- Keep a continuous line of feedback open with SVP Product & Engineering on team progress, escalating areas of concern on an on-going basis; communicate standing of work-in-progress & initiatives to the business periodically
- Lead in retrospectives, sprint planning, & sprint reviews for the team
- Help to direct dedicated QA testing resources for the team youre working on
- Lead cross functional team in an agile SDLC; collaborate with product owners, technical team-members, business stakeholders & designers to implement enhancements or new applications
- Propose innovative solutions to complex problems
- Work closely with local & remote team members & management, to achieve high team morale & productivity
- Share best practices & improve processes within & across agile teams