With a strong mission to making it easier for everyone to experience the world, we are continuously looking at ways we can innovate across our platform to support customers in their sustainable travel choices. Over the years, we have built strong relationships with millions of accommodation partners & we are expanding to other supply verticals. We believe that leveraging this collaboration with our partners can lead to meaningful change & jointly build a more sustainable travel industry. As a Sustainable Supply Lead, you will take full ownership for leading & driving our ambition to increase our Sustainable Supply by understanding the current sustainability efforts of our partners & supporting them in identifying & implementing the biggest improvement opportunities. You have experience in managing sustainability in complex supply chains. You must have experience on projects of global scope & management of cross-functional groups - from concept, through to execution, analysis, recommendation & implementation.
You will achieve those results by working independently, but in close coordination with other colleagues within the Sustainability team & accountable business owners & product teams in the different verticals.
You will work on the creation & implementation of a sustainable supply framework & continuously improve it based on results from experimentation & expert & stakeholder feedback. You will constantly work on key product roadmaps whilst finding & testing improvements to maximize the impact. Your ability to drive innovation forward at a fast pace & respond quickly to new learnings & available data while adapting rapidly is essential for success in this role.
This position comes with significant responsibility, ownership & entrepreneurial skills. Do you have experience with sustainability, a strong business sense & a strong ambition to drive sustainability in travel?
- Create, review & maintain the sustainable supply framework.
- Act as a definitive source of knowledge, expertise & technique.
- Manage key works flows of information throughout key aspects of the responsible workstream
- Build & maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders & influence stakeholder groups to ensure alignment with sustainability programme strategy & objectives
- Own the successful delivery of the end-to-end project lifecycle
- Lead sustainable supply project(s) with global impact (cross-functional) from scoping to execution, analysis, recommendation & implementation
- Communication of the project insights & recommendations across all stakeholders
- Design a structured approach to lead a cross-functional team (including leadership, tech, sales, product, finance, operations), holding members accountable for delivery on complex problems
- Engage stakeholders at all levels inside & outside of the organisation: work collaboratively with business unit partners & corporate support teams to drive sustainability strategy execution .
- Liaise with product owners, researchers, data scientists & key company stakeholders to;
- Achieve the optimal connection of products to partner needs
- Understand where the internal organization can be strengthened
- Understand how our sustainable product offerings interact with other commercial developments.
- Innovate on opportunities to empower our partners to increase their sustainability;
- Optimize internal processes to give optimal service & support to our partners in their journey;
- Understand what industry changes are relevant & formulate what this means for Booking.com.
- 6+ years in a similar role, sustainability experience is a plus but at least a strong interest in the topic & willingness to learn so you can act as an expert on the matter within a short timeframe.
- A practical idealist who believes in our ambition to increase our positive impact on sustainability in travel
- Strong stakeholder management, comfortable interacting & influencing with multiple senior stakeholders
- Passion for solving problems creatively, starting small, failing fast & applying your learnings
- Very strong communication & influencing skills, effectively communicate in front of audiences & ability to influence in 1:1 situations.
- Strategic thinker, able to articulate department long-term vision & balance it with short- & medium-term goals
- Data driven, customer focused & proactive
- Analyse, understand & share learnings from experimentation to build a strong knowledge base of the product.
- Thrive to achieve optimal implementation of changes made to the product.
- Knowledge & experience in conversion optimisation, digital marketing, UX design and/or consumer psychology & research is a plus.
- Agile & innovative with the tenacity to thrive in a constantly changing environment.
- Self-motivated & results driven with a take charge attitude to manage the full development cycle of a product.
- Eager to learn & aware that valuable information can come from both positive & negative results through experimentation.
We are a performance-based company that offers career advancement & lucrative compensation, including bonus. We also offer what is called the Booking Deal with competitive benefits. This position is open to worldwide candidates & in the case of relocation, we will assist you with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working & living in The Netherlands.