Head of Canada
Away is seeking a Head of Canada to lead all strategy & operations for our Canadian business. Youll be working closely with many cross-functional teams, including marketing (brand, social, influencer, & paid acquisition), operations, UX / digital product, creative, & PR, product development, & merchandising to drive growth in the region, with a goal of achieving 10% of US revenue in Canada over the next 2 years. This role reports to the VP, International & will be based in our headquarters in Soho, NYC.
What Youll Do
- Youll be the voice of our Canadian customer & lead all our strategic initiatives & operations in the region. As each region in Canada evolves, youll be able to help contribute significantly how we can adjust our voice & tactics for each as we grow.
- You will own the Canadian roadmap & P&L while partnering with other country / regional heads to achieve our overall international goals
- Youll develop & execute local marketing strategies that adhere to Aways core brand DNA while also understanding how to tweak these strategies accordingly in order to successfully acquire & retain the Canadian customer
- You will partner with cross-functional teams set up the necessary infrastructure for the Canadian business to operate at scale, from CX to warehousing to language translation
- Youll develop strategic partnerships that you identify as the best opportunities for Away.
- You will work cross-functionally with our global team in New York City to scale the Canadian business & partner with those functional leads & the VP, International to determine if / when certain functions should be resourced in a dedicated or local capacity (e.g., CX, marketing, operations, creative, retail, etc.)
- Youll hire & build a high-performing Canada team as the business scales, ensuring that we have the right people for the right work at the right time
- Youll manage the daily & long term needs of your business. No project is too big or too small to handle.
You Should Have
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience in marketing, operations, strategy, or international expansion, including at least 3 years in a Canada-focused operating role for a consumer brand with cross-functional responsibility
- A deep understanding of how to establish brand awareness from scratch & gain cultural credibility in Canada, ideally rooted in extended time spent in-market
- Familiarity with both e-commerce & physical retail operations
- Experience owning & managing a P&L
- A track record of hiring & developing high-performing teams
- Fluency in French ideal but not required
You Will Love Working At Away Because
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have five (5) weeks a year to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer pension plan contribution & a great work environment
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is, too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & our growing team in the UK, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table, & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more...
Away (www.awaytravel.com) is a global lifestyle brand creating thoughtful products designed to make travel more seamless. Since our launch in February 2016, we have sold more than a million travel products, grown from a team of four to over 250, expanded shipping to almost 40 countries, opened seven stores across two countries, & launched several new products & experiences that are inspiring more people to travel the world. And we know thats just the beginning!
We have been named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies for the second consecutive year, one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies, one of LinkedIns Top Startups, & a Forbes Next Billion Dollar Start-Up.
Were building the #1 travel brand in the world -- come join us on this incredible adventure!