Squarespace is looking for an Engineering Manager on the Microservices Platform team within the Foundations group. The Microservices Platform team improves our standardized backend Java service framework & ensures that it is up-to-date. This framework is used by most product & platform teams at Squarespace to quickly spin up new services, making this a high impact & high visibility role. You will report to the Sr. Engineering Manager of Foundations - Backend Platform.
This is a hybrid role in our NY office.
You'll Get To
- Work with the product manager & engineers to create a vision & execution strategy for what the future of services are at Squarespace
- Ensure that engineers at Squarespace are following development best practices
- Partner with other leaders to influence product, architectural & organizational choices
- Grow engineers through coaching, mentoring & feedback
- Build a healthy & inclusive culture within your team which encourages everyone to contribute
Who We're Looking For
- Are passionate about evaluating new libraries & technology to decide what should be available to engineers
- Have strong opinions about software development best practices
- Enjoy creating processes & integrating with technologies that improve developer productivity
- Are bothered by using outdated or EOL technology, so you like to make sure that your team (and the rest of the company) is always on a supported stable version
- Believe in the philosophy that platform teams are really product teams with internal users
- Are known for your communication skills & collaborating well with technical & nontechnical stakeholders
- Have a customer service mindset - we're building things to help product engineers go to market faster & not (just) because something is cool
- Are good at service oriented architecture design & best practices
- Have prior devops experience, or working closely with infrastructure or devops teams
- Have 6+ years of backend programming experience in Java
- Have 3+ years of prior tech lead, team lead, or engineering management experience
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Headspace mindfulness app subscription
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Education reimbursement
- Employee donation match to community organizations
- 7 Employee Resource Groups across locations
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Free lunch & snacks
- Private rooftop
Cash Compensation Range: $148,000 - $264,000 USD
The base salary for this position will vary based on job-related criteria including relevant skills, qualifications & experience, among other factors.
In addition to the cash compensation above (which includes base salary and, where applicable for eligible roles, may include on-target commissions or overtime pay), all Squarespace employees are eligible to receive equity in the company as part of their total compensation.
Squarespace is a leading all-in-one website building & ecommerce platform that enables millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. Our products allow anyone at any stage of their journey to manage their projects & businesses through websites, domains, ecommerce, marketing tools, & scheduling, along with tools for managing a social media presence with Unfold & hospitality business management through Tock. Squarespace democratizes access to outstanding design, helping our customers in approximately 200 countries & territories maintain consistent branding across all digital touchpoints to stand out online. Our team of more than 1,400 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Ireland, Portland, Oregon, & Chicago, Illinois. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com.
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customers, but we also work toward the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.