* This is a full-time summer internship in New York City. Latch is unable to provide summer housing or a relocation stipend for summer interns. Additionally, interns must be able to commit to working full-time over the summer, 40 hours/week. *
Latch is hiring Software Engineering Interns for our Backend Team to help create cutting edge product features & to scale our system for our rapidly growing user base. The Backend Team is responsible for building the backbone of our smart access system. As a Backend Intern, you help build out internal tools to help our operations run smoother & more precisely within our distributed environment. You might deploy DevOps tools for the reliability & stability of our system, or even collaborate with Firmware, Product, & Operations.
The engineering team works in a fast-paced & highly-challenging environment, which means that as an intern at Latch, youll be given real projects that greatly impact the future of the company.
Smart access isnt about locking doors, its about opening up new possibilities. Latch is the worlds first fully-integrated hardware & software system dedicated to bringing seamless access to every door in a modern building. Were looking for the curious & the creative to join our team & help us continue to change the way we access our most valued spaces.
- Work within Latch's Software Development Lifecycle
- Work with the Backend Team to build scalable & reliable infrastructure in the cloud, & deliver solutions to difficult problems
- Develop & deploy Java services to support rapidly growing functionality & usage
- Collaborate with product managers & other teams to implement new product features
- Develop & maintain infrastructure for scalability & reliability of core services
- Work with client-facing teams to debug production issues quickly & effectively
- Produce clean, well-tested & well-documented code
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science from an accredited university (preference for those graduating Winter 2020 or Spring 2021)
- Proficient in algorithms & data structures
- Proficient in at least one object-oriented programming language (Java preferred)
- Familiarity with cloud computing services (AWS preferred) a plus
- Familiarity with databases (MongoDB preferred) a plus
Founded in 2014, Latch is a venture-backed, high-growth organization that's on a mission to change the way people open, manage, & share their spaces. Today, 1 in 10 new developments in the U.S. depend on our full-building smart access solution to meet the needs of residents & property managers.
We are a team of just over 200 employees, all of whom are passionate self-starters with unique backgrounds & unexpected stories. We are located just a quick walk from both Hudson Yards & Penn Station in New York City. Interns will have the opportunity to work in a creative, dynamic, & fast-paced office environment. Come grow with us.