About this Role
At Fandom, a IT System Engineer has experience with customer support & cloud application management & is responsible for supporting employees & maintaining our local & cloud infrastructures, within all Fandom offices across the world.
Our departments mission is to make sure all employees have the tools, systems, knowledge, & experiences to enable them to do their best work. You will be a part of a team that handles global network infrastructure, manages saas applications, digital security/compliance, & supporting 400+ employees across the world.
To accomplish this mission, we do a few things that go beyond running the mission-critical IT. We bring new ideas, new technologies, & an unparalleled level of partnership to the organization. We listen, we adapt; we pay attention to the business & then we know what they need before they do.
Most importantly, we are looking for an individual with high energy, a collaborative mindset, & tech-savvy.
- Provide tier 2 & tier 3 escalation support as-needed for headquarters, & remote US offices
- Monitor office networks locally & remotely using Ubiquiti interfaces
- Manage the devices using device management systems (Jamf Pro/Microsoft Intune)
- Manage the G-Suite application stack
- Design training guide & lead onboarding class for new hires
- Work closely with Environments & Technology Managers to coordinate, prioritize, & maintain optimal service goals for headquarters, & remote US offices
- Work with IT management & Fandom stakeholders to create security policies for both cyber & physical
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in computer science or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years Corporate IT or Help Desk experience using ticketing system (Jira, FreshService, Zendesk)
- 2+ years of experience in Python/Shell scripting
- Experience with Windows & macOS operating systems
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure environments (AWS, Google Cloud)
- Proven track record of driving results
Bonus Points if You Have...
- Jamf and/or Azure, AWS, or GCP professional Certificates
- Speak a second language (extra credit if that language is Polish)
Benefits & Perks
- Stock options
- Training based on business needs
- Flexible working hours
- Open, energetic & fan-focused, international work environment
- Miscellaneous perks such as wellness programs, swag, etc.
Fandom is a global entertainment media brand powered by fan passion. The fan-trusted source in entertainment, Fandom provides a home to explore, contribute to, & celebrate the world of pop culture. Whether looking for in-depth information on favorite fandoms or whats buzzing in entertainment, Fandom has your pop culture curiosities covered through fan-expert knowledge & carefully curated & fun, original multi-platform content.
Fandom has a global audience of almost 200 million monthly uniques & encompasses over 400,000 fan communities. We currently feature more than 55 million pages of content, inclusive of video.
- We serve a global community.
Connection with our fans, creators, & partners is at our core, & its grounded by our active efforts of inclusion.
- We build experiences.
We imagine, improve, & deliver solutions.
- We bring joy.
We celebrate our fandoms, our teammates, & the work we do.
Fandom is an Equal Opportunity Employer