As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa's Digital & Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital & mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants & developers.
As senior software engineer within Visa DDP you will form an integral role in the automation & integration of use cases forcomplex digital solutions that process millions of transactions per day worldwide. We are looking for experienced stars to solicit input from business & technology stakeholders across the enterprise & be responsible for automating thesefor large-scale technology initiatives.
- Test & certify features for release on Web Services/API based application
- Conduct peer reviews for tests & test cases
- Implement best-fit automation framework & corresponding tests
- Write utilities / automation tools using Selenium, Java, REST, Python, Groovy, & more
- Lead root cause analysis & track defect resolution to completion
- Review & provide feedback on development code, test designs & test cases
- Communicate status frequently to project stakeholders
- Participate in cross-group & internal customer feature demos
- Document process, designs, test results, & analysis
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Bachelors in Computer Science or other technical field- 5+ years relevant work experience or an equivalent mix of work & project experience in software development or testing
- Experience in large-scale projects
- Propensity to probe & find defects
- Inquisitive, methodical, & analytical in testing applications
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Thrive in self-motivated internal-innovation driven environment
- Experience in a global matrix organization
- Ability to quickly understand code & specifications
- Proficient in Java & Web application programming
- Solid knowledge of Oracle database & SQL
- Deep knowledge of web services standards & related technologies (XML, SOAP, REST)
- Experience in system monitoring & problem troubleshooting
- Data Analytics & aggregation using Splunk or other tools
- Agile development methodology
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.