Joining our London-based Distributions team, the Assistant Manager will support the Manager in the day-to-day operations delivering global Neighbouring Rights royalties to our clients in an accurate & timely manner.
This role requires you to have an ability to investigate & troubleshoot complex royalty reconciliation & allocation issues when working on the end-to-end processing of royalties & statement generation for our clients.
It would be music to our ears if you have experience of VBA & SQL & an ability to write simple queries, but its essential that you have working experience in royalty administration & processing in either a record label, publisher or collection society. You are also someone who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment & have a detail-driven mindset as well as remain positive & determined to complete repetitive & data-heavy tasks accurately & efficiently.
WHAT DOES AN ASSISTANT MANAGER, DISTRIBUTIONS IN NEIGHBOURING RIGHTS DO?
- You will manipulate incoming source royalty statements in preparation for ingestion in to our system
- Assist with accurate generation of client royalty statements to strict deadlines
- Liaise with other NR teams to ensure royalties are generated & accounted to clients in line with contractual obligations
- Maintain internal databases ensuring generation of royalties to clients accounts
- Take ownership of the month-end quality assurance & account review tasks
- Run operational reporting & analysis
- Assist with royalty audits when required
- Assist with recruitment, onboarding & training of new joiners
- Work with Technology & Product teams to define & scope developments to the royalty platform
- Act as team lead when the Distribution Manager is on leave
- Take on additional ad hoc tasks as needed
WHAT SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- You have experience in a similar role with a solid understanding of music publishing, copyright & royalty processes & can demonstrate a passion for Neighbouring Rights
- You have exceptional numeracy, attention to detail, accuracy & analytical skills
- You are an excellent communicator, with experience building relationships with a wide-ranging audience of varying seniority, skill, & knowledge
- You are a natural people person, with an ability to engage & motivate other team members
- You have a track-record of excellent organization & prioritisation skills working under high pressure & to tight deadlines
- You are very comfortable using Excel manipulating large sets of data using formulas & pivot tables
- Having knowledge of VBA & SQL or other domain-specific languages used in programming is preferred, but not required
WHY CHOOSE US?
Through centralized, automated & efficient administration services using the latest technology, our Neighbouring Rights team offer a reduction in royalty collection time of up to 50%, more effective collection as well as substantially improved transparency to ensure performers are paid fairly around the world.
We thrive on creativity & are committed to championing diversity. Were dedicated to inclusiveness & provide all the resources & benefits you need to grow your career & reach your potential. We offer competitive compensation packages, professional development opportunities, & an entrepreneurial culture that makes working here not just fun, but also rewarding.
If you feel like the fast-paced, rewarding environment of our rapidly growing company is for you - share your story! Apply today & tell us why you are the next best addition to our successful team!
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom. A full DBS check will be conducted on acceptance of the offer.
Kobalt is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or any other status or characteristic protected by law.