Before new medical treatments can be administered to the public, they must demonstrate safety & efficacy in a clinical trial. These trials protect consumers from ineffective & dangerous products, but the clinical trial process also presents a tremendous bottleneck in delivering life-saving treatments to patients. A typical trial involves coordinating between numerous parties & data formats to gather, store, analyse, & audit clinical data. Mistakes & delays are common, & fewer than 10% of trials finish on time.
At TrialSpark, we are looking for talented software engineers to help us reimagine the clinical trial process from first principles & build the technology platform for the trial of the future.
This role will work closely with our Product, Engineering, & Quality & Compliance teams. You will be creating test plans & writing automated tests to ensure software quality for our end users. Your work will also be used to document processes & workflows for compliance & computer system validation purposes. In addition, you should be comfortable working in an agile & fast-paced environment.
- Build & maintain our automated testing platform. Create & maintain tests, test plans, & documentation.
- Develop tools for the engineering team to ease the creation & maintenance of our automation platform.
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering teams to coordinate test creation & maintenance. Stay ahead of the curve by keeping up with product requirements as they evolve.
- Work with the Quality Assurance team to ensure tests & documentation created is regulatory ready.
- Write code to automate the generation of documentation for compliance purposes.
- Create & maintain automated test suites to reduce deployment risks.
- Become a domain expert in our compliance needs as it relates to our software systems & look for opportunities to automate any aspect of our compliance program.
- Keep a strong bias towards automation & away from manual intervention & oversight.
- Minimum 2+ years of software testing/automation experience.
- Experience with browser automation (Selenium), testing frameworks (Cucumber, pytest, jest), BDD (we use Radish), & CI/CD (Jenkins, CircleCI).
- Understanding of a variety of testing techniques (manual & automated) & understanding of how to choose a testing approach based on context.
- Exposure to Linux, cloud technologies (AWS), databases (Postgres, Redshift), & command line shell utilities.
- Excellent problem solving & debugging skills.
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to convey complicated systems to both technical & non-technical audiences.
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- If youve worked with React, GraphQL, or other frontend technologies.
- If you have experience in regulated industries requiring software validation.
- If you really want to change up how healthcare technology works.