You will be joining a company that creates positivity, community, & fitness with technology. In this role you will recruit & lead a team to provide technical expertise in hardware systems & technologies core to the Peloton experience.
Your team will create technology roadmaps, develop core IP, prototype new concepts & experiences, benchmark products, build labs & test capability to define & validate KPIs across the roadmap.
You will support NPI project development to ensure world class performance across key areas, including Audio, Wireless, Display, Camera & Motor Control.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Recruit & manage a team of Subject Matter Experts
- Build test systems & labs
- Benchmark products
- Work with external vendors & partners to develop technology roadmaps
- Develop new technologies & IP ahead of program execution
- Prototype & develop new concepts
- Create & validate KPIs for new products in development
- Support new product development with guidance, design reviews, testing & problem solving
- Collaborate closely with Electrical & Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, Software, Content, Operations & Product Management to bring innovative products to market
- Provide coaching & mentorship for team members
KEY QUALIFICATIONS OF THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Physics
- 8 - 15+ years experience as a hardware engineer
- 5 - 10+ years experience as a people manager
- Consumer products experience- completed at least two product life cycles
- Subject Matter Expertise in at least one key area - Audio, RF, Power, Motor Control, Display, Camera
- Cross-functional experience in Hardware, Software, Reliability & Manufacturing
- Understanding of Hardware systems, including wireless, batteries, platforms, displays, audio & power management, firmware
- Experience working with development & manufacturing partners in Asia
- Experience with technical document writing
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.