About the role
As an Agency Complaint Operations Specialist at Chime, youll be joining our fast-growing compliance operations team by contributing to the agency complaint operations using your sound judgment, innovative thinking, & collaborative decision making. Youll immerse yourself by learning how current laws & regulations affect Chime & its members. Youll report to the Compliance Operations Manager & work closely with internal & external risk, legal, & member services teams to formalize processes related to complaint handling & reporting across our platform. Focus areas for resolving agency complaints handling will include reviewing dispute investigations, fraud processes, account actions & communications, & interactions with our members & other cross-functional teams.
This job cannot be performed in the state of Colorado.
In this role, you can expect to
- Develop & maintain extensive knowledge of federal, state, & local compliance laws & regulations applicable to Chimes credit & debit programs, as well as proactively identify emerging compliance risks
- Analyze member complaints to identify root-causes of issues and/or systemic problems that require escalation to process owners for remediation
- Respond to & monitor member complaints concerning legal & regulatory issues from all sources including, but not limited to, social media, consumer advocacy agencies, & reports from our third-party vendors, for potential compliance issues to ensure proper investigation occurs & any corrective actions are taken
- Create timelines, draft summaries, & organize facts related to active legal complaints to assist outside counsel better
- Work with & suggest an improvement for tools & software to better track, test, & promote compliance functions & initiatives
- Assess & execute on any remediation plans proposed by business stakeholders if violations or exceptions are identified
- Contribute to compliance management reports to keep senior management & stakeholders aware of compliance issues & trends
- Review & provide feedback on member-facing product materials & communications for Chimes debit & credit programs as it relates to any compliance concerns
To thrive in this role you have
- At least 4-6 years of experience in financial services, preferably in compliance, risk management, dispute processing, and/or audit roles
- A strong ability to build relationships as well as establish trust & credibility with your colleagues through excellent verbal, written, & interpersonal communication skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment where flexibility, collaboration, & adaptability are important
- Strong critical thinking, multi-tasking, organizational & prioritizing skills
- The desire to work for a fast-paced, high-growth organization
- Advanced Microsoft Office or G Suite skills (basic SQL or experience with Looker is a plus!)
A little about us
We created Chime because we believe everyone deserves financial peace of mind. By eliminating unnecessary fees & helping people grow their savings automatically, weve empowered millions of Americans to take control of their finances.
Chime is the largest & fastest-growing U.S. player in the challenger-banking space. Through our banking partners, we offer access to bank accounts with fee-free overdraft, provide members the chance to receive early access to their paychecks, help them improve their credit, & more!
We've built one of the most experienced leadership teams in Fintech & were recently valued at over $14.5B. We've raised over $1B in funding from leading investors including DST, Coatue, Tiger Global, General Atlantic, Iconiq, Dragoneer, Menlo, Whale Rock, Access, Forerunner, Crosslink, Cathay, aCrew, & others.
What we offer
- Competitive salary based on experience
- 401k match plus the usual medical, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits
- Quarterly stipend to spruce up your home office
- Generous vacation policy & company-wide Take Care of Yourself Days
- Virtual events to connect with your fellow Chimers- think cooking classes, music festivals, mixology classes, paint nights, etc., & delicious snack boxes, too!
- A challenging & fulfilling opportunity to join one of the most experienced teams in FinTech & help create a completely new kind of banking service
We know that great work comes from great, & inclusive teams. At Chime, we specifically look for individuals of varying strengths, skills, backgrounds, & ideas. We believe this gives us a competitive advantage to better serve our members & helps us all grow as Chimers & individuals.
We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, & any other status. Chime is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer & will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state, & Cook County ordinances. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. To learn more about how Chime collects & uses your personal information during the application process, please see the Chime Applicant Privacy Notice.