BuzzFeed is seeking an experienced New York-based Writer with strong editorial judgment for BTW, BuzzFeeds daily Snapchat news/entertainment show. The ideal Writer is obsessed with the internet & pop culture, defining the shows voice & personality through their strong command of the entertainment/news/media landscape, the BuzzFeed brand, social media, & trending stories, particularly stories that resonate with Millennials/Gen Z. BTW guides viewers through the latest & greatest viral stories the internet has to offer, & the writer is tasked with delivering those stories in a creative package that draws viewers in through GIFs, memes & viral internet clips. The show is daily Monday-Friday. Successful candidates have a proven track record of ideating & scripting compelling comedic visual content on a daily show. Candidates must be detail-oriented, creative thinkers with an ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Script daily short, attention-grabbing segments about the stories that are breaking the internet
- Work with production team & hosts on ideating segments, recurring features, & celebrity interview content.
- Work with Senior Producer to coach hosts on daily reads, aiming to create a voice that is casual & comedic.
- Draft click-worthy copy for Snapchat tiles & related social media posts.
- 5+ years of writing experience, ideally for a digital/social show.
- Excellent writing & communication skills.
- Ability to multitask & handle quickly-evolving news situations.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision & stay organized in a quick turnaround production period.
- A positive & curious disposition, & a genuine love for & excitement about the internet & pop culture.
- Nice to have experience creating content targeting a Millennial/Gen Z audience & general knowledge of the subjects/celebrities that resonate with them.
- Send your resume, cover letter & up to 3 relevant writing samples/links that show your ability to react to pop culture/internet news in a talk show/sketch format
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeedcelebrates inclusion andis committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.