WHO ARE WE?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
As an Instructional Designer, you design blended learning strategies for high-value clients, provide consultative product expertise to the sales process, & contribute to the ongoing discovery, development & delivery of scalable learning products for business.
Design + Execution
- Leverage innovative instructional design methods to create engaging, outcomes-driven in-person (ie, classroom) or virtual (remote) learning experiences tailored for GAs clients. Note that this role focuses on face-to-face or virtual experiences, & does not involve the creation of eLearning or recorded online content.
- Lead design calls to guide clients through program content, share insight/rationale for instructional approach, & incorporate client feedback.
- Onboard SMEs for classroom delivery of content, & attend the program to observe participants & guide SMEs with live feedback as needed.
- Lead calls or meetings with clients to drill in on learning objectives, participate in the creation & review of proposals, & make recommendations to achieve the clients objectives.
- Establish consultative, advisory relationships with client stakeholders pre- & post-sale by sharing best practices on instructional design & acting as an internal subject matter expert.
As an Instructional Designer, a typical day might include the following:
- Leading a scoping call with a prospect or client stakeholder to uncover training needs or further define learning objectives within identified areas of interest.
- Working with an Account Director to help draft or give input on a proposal in development.
- Partnering with an SME to brainstorm & restructure the content narrative for a program to make it speak to the needs of a specific client.
- Creating new content or tailoring existing content to a clients context with updated examples or industry-specific case studies.
- Researching trends in data, digital marketing or other GA discipline.
Our ideal candidate comes with at least 5 years of experience in instructional design & consulting, or is experienced in interacting with clients.
Ideal skills/experience includes:
- Familiarity with Google Suite (e.g., Google slides, Google docs) & Keynote
- Background in a client-facing role, either interacting with or managing stakeholders
- Experience with designing in-person learning experiences & engagement strategies
- Ease in collaborating with subject matter experts & synthesizing feedback
- Experience with scoping learning needs & conducting needs analyses
- Fluency in English required (verbal & written)
- Fluency in French preferred (verbal & written)
- Must be located in London or Paris with proper work authorization
This job might be for you if:
- Youre comfortable with ambiguity & enjoy solving problems.
- Youre patient, cool under pressure, & have strong attention to detail.
- Youre naturally curious & eager to explore a variety of industries & disciplines.