Senior Photographer, Brand Ops
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
Rent the Runway is looking for a Senior Photographer, Brand Ops to work closely with a team of Art Directors, Producers, Stylists, & Retouchers to produce high-quality imagery in a high-volume, fast-paced work environment. This leadership role will bring innovation to high-volume photographic workflows, reducing operational costs while improving the quality of imagery produced. The successful candidate will be required to understand the larger business strategy while overseeing the implementation details of imagery standards, technologies, & equipment. Efficient workflow management, organization, collaboration, & communication are key to this role. Additionally, you will be responsible for managing the daily operations of a team of freelance photographers.
What Youll Do:
- Execute high-quality digital photography across all On-Figure & Still Life product categories, including product, social, & editorial imagery
- Oversee the daily PDP image selection process on set
- Support process & aesthetic innovations that drive sales & elevate the customer experience
- Provide mentoring, training, development, & performance management of the freelance photography team
- Maintain the creation of robust training & process documentation of photography style guides
- Partner with Production to recruit & maintain a large pool of exceptional freelance e-commerce photographers
- Evaluate photography metrics weekly, make recommendations to improve performance and/or efficiencies, engage the team in productivity monitoring & improvement, & suggest metrics to gain deeper insights into efficiencies & productivity
- Research & develop techniques & best practices for shooting new categories/projects, & disseminate those practices across the team and/or company
- Guide the constant improvement of Rent the Runways photography quality & maintain the visual style & presentation of photography
- File management & file delivery to workflow standards
- Technical troubleshooting
- Support Studio Ops Manager with assessments of equipment, expendables, & future planning
- Support Studio Ops Manager in maintaining photo equipment & organization of studios
- Meet creative & operational standards, & strive for constant improvement
- Ad-hoc special projects as required
- You have a Bachelors degree in photography & 5+ years of studio experience in an e-commerce or luxury photo studio environment
- You have a professional photography portfolio of original work that demonstrates an expert-level knowledge of digital photography, including lighting, composition, color quality, & aesthetics across an array of client environments, including editorial, catalog, & e-commerce.
- You are self-motivated & enthusiastic & have demonstrated fashion experience.
- You have experience building & onboarding a roster of high-performing freelance individuals.
- You have a strong desire to contribute to a highly collaborative environment & promote the collective output of the studio team with positivity & a passionate work ethic.
- You possess a strong technical knowledge of camera hardware & capturing software in addition to the full comprehension of modern studio lighting schemes & fashion trends, as well as acute attention to detail.
- You have expert-level experience with Capture One Pro, including proficiency in checking for proper ISA, Camera format, ICC profile, setting & adjusting clothing colors & setting output settings correctly, as well as proficiency with basic scripting, color theory, Microsoft Office, & Mac OS.
- You have excellent time management, organizational & interpersonal skills, and the ability to multitask.
- You have expert-level knowledge of all stages of the photography process & tools within Digital Photography, Canon camera, Profoto lighting systems, & traditional grip practice.
- You are eager to learn & share your own set experience: lighting, workflow, etc., including troubleshooting for Canon & Profoto systems.
- You have demonstrated the ability to contribute to a successful team environment & follow evolving creative & workflow guidelines.
- You have the ability to work well both independently as a photographer & as a tech in a team environment.
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the well-being of our employees & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - our corporate employees have the option to work remotely 3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
The anticipated base salary for this position is $78,400 - $98,000. The actual base salary offered will depend on a variety of factors, including without limitation, the qualifications of the individual applicant for the position, years of relevant experience, level of education attained, certifications or other professional licenses held.