Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 alumni & counting.
In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.
General Assembly is looking for product managers to develop strategies about, define, & evolve our product offerings.
In this role you own the life-cycle process of growth & continual improvement of products. Your role exists in the intersection of product management, product marketing, & service design. In growing & improving our portfolio of education products, you will identify opportunities through metrics, outline requirements & user benefits, create & manage project plans, & deliver product improvements designed to delight our learners & move the needle for our business at large.
You will accomplish all of the above by working closely with every team at GA, including our instructional design, production & operations, local markets & regional directors, marketing & admissions, finance & legal, copywriting & design, & senior leadership. You will be the voice, the vision, & the face of the products you manage, making sure that things are accomplished in a timely manner, successfully hit targets, & with all key stakeholders on-board.
Success in your role will be measured by your ability to impact high-level metrics (measured through revenue, conversion targets, & quality ratings) in a timely fashion (measured through project planning, tracking, & budgets) that address a real market need (measured by lead generation) all while working well & closely with others (measured by 360 degree performance reviews).
- Understand market demand & user needs, & work closely with cross-functional product development teams to build & improve GAs portfolio of best-in-class education products to fulfill those demands & needs
- Based on user & market research, set product vision, identify product opportunities, then develop them into a 3- to 6-month roadmap
- Take an active role in broad business development initiatives to identify opportunistic product collaborations or contributions
- Collaborate closely & cross-functionally with operations, marketing, admissions team to establish clear business requirements as well as test, iterate, & scale programs globally
- Communicate proactively with stakeholders to set & align strategy, share progress, set expectations, & receive feedback
- Achieve business goals for each program/product line by driving prioritization, improvements, optimizations
- Ensure product success by developing robust market requirements & go-to-market strategies
- 2-3 years experience as a Product Manager, preferably in a learning or education-focused organization
- Alignment with & passion for GAs mission to transform our students lives through learning & alignment with GAs statement of Diversity & Inclusion.
- Strong communication, partner relationship, & leadership skills that inspire cross-functional team members (Product, Sales, Marketing, Instructional Design, & Operations, teams) to work in a cohesive & integrated fashion
- Strong business acumen & understanding of the levers that impact the success or failure of Education products
- Basic understanding of the needs of our Consumer & Enterprise customers
- Ability to unpack surface level requests to find out the real questions or problems underneath (i.e. user interview skills)
- Knowledge of the competitive landscape, & industry players/leaders in the broader context of the product
- Strong competency in requisite product/project management tools (including Jira & Confluence) & common communications tools (including Google Apps, Zoom, & Slack)
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with all levels of leadership within a company including instructors, Instructional Design, Product, Sales, Marketing & Operations teams.
- Its an added bonus if you have experience in creating engaging learning experiences for adults, online or in-person