Asana has grown to millions of users across 195 countries worldwide. Our rapid growth is due, in part, thanks to the word-of-mouth of our community of customer advocates. Asanas community team brings customers & Asana together to deepen connection (between them & Asana, & to each other), engagement (education, empowerment, & enjoyment), & advocacy (word-of-mouth awareness-building & referrals) to enhance & reflect customer love & build our business.
As Community Program Manager, Japan, youll be responsible for growing the Asana Together community program regionally by creating & executing region-specific recruiting, activation, engagement & retention programs for members, engaging with Japanese customers in our community forum, & for hosting events to energize local customer communities. Youll have the opportunity to work with our internal community, marketing, & sales teams, our regional customers, large-brand partners & their communities, & experiment with new channels, methods & incentives for expanding & activating the Asana community in Japan.
This role reports to Asanas Head of Global Community who is based in San Francisco.
What youll achieve:
- Source, research, & recruit Japan-based participants into the Asana Community Program, including (but not limited to) online recruiting, partner relationships, direct customer contact, & coordinating online & offline events.
- Research, recommend & produce region-specific resources, marketing campaigns, content & events for ongoing recruitment, activation, engagement & retention of community audiences.
- Manage daily regional community operations, including working with regional community members & moderating our Japanese community forum.
- Support Asana Community Program members in hosting their own events, including content, venue, & promotion guidance.
- Manage coordination of Asana-hosted event conceptualization, program & speakers, venue/platform, sponsors, vendors, & promotion for online & offline events.
- Monitor & report on success metrics, including program efficacy, ROI & business impact.
- Gather feedback & insights from program members to inform marketing & product strategies & partnership opportunities.
- Above all, you love people (and especially customers). You love what they say. You love to be inspired by their stories. You cant wait to engage with them every day.
- Understand motivations for people to become part of the Asana Community Program, & build our programs to best meet their needs, engage them, & help them perform within it.
- Be able to understand & establish value for community programs & track & report on success from them.
- Creative & analytical, you inspire others to work collaboratively towards shared & tracked objectives, across functions & geographies.
- Well-spoken, professional, & comfortable in front of any audience as youll be representing the Asana brand.
- You are curious & listen well, absorbing different views & capturing diverse requirements before actively setting a course & charging forward.
- Able to manage deadlines & work collaboratively in a fast-paced, highly dynamic & increasingly global environment.
- Strong project management skills, accustomed to working to a budget & within strict timelines.
- Event planning & management experience including planning & executing events at a variety of scales, including offline & online, such as workshops & trainings, meetup groups, trade shows, roadshows, executive programs & large-scale conferences
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, as youll likely be creating content (both on your own & in conjunction with other teams).
- Problem solver with a global mindset.
- Entrepreneurial, flexible, & ready to jump on new projects & opportunities (even if loosely defined out of the initially defined job scope).
- BA or BS degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years in partner marketing, community marketing or B2B marketing (SaaS).
- Fluent in written & spoken Japanese & English.
- Ability to travel regionally & globally periodically.
Asana helps teams orchestrate their work, from small projects to strategic initiatives. More than 75,000 organizations & millions of users rely on Asana, including AirAsia, AllBirds, Grab, KLM Air France, Kohls, Sephora, Traveloka, & Viessmann. Asana has been named a Top 5 Best Workplace & the #1 Best Workplace in the Bay Area by Fortune three years in a row, & one of Glassdoors ands Best Places to Work. With nine global offices, including a San Francisco headquarters & flagship offices in Dublin, New York, Sydney, & Tokyo, Asana is always looking for curious, collaborative, & mission-driven people to help us enable the worlds teams to work together effortlessly.
Our goal is to ensure that Asana upholds an inclusive environment where all people feel that they are equally respected & valued, whether they are applying for an open position or working at the company. We welcome applicants of any educational background, gender identity & expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, citizenship, socioeconomic status, disability, & veteran status, & we'd love to learn about what you can add to our team.