Purpose builds & supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, & habitable world. We use public mobilization & storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, & philanthropies engaged in this fight, & we create campaigning labs & new initiatives that can shift policies & change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, & political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy & powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, & ultimately drives targeted action & creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
About the Role
Purpose is seeking a recruiter join us for three months on our HR team. Were looking for an organized, energetic independent team member who is passionate about our mission & full of ideas on how to operate a fast paced & equitable recruitment process to attract exceptional talent. This person will be responsible for managing our recruitment process, partnering with local leadership to drive & influence the recruitment process. This is a Full Time role located in New York City & will report to Jackie Lam.
The recruiting, interviewing, & screening responsibilities of HR recruiter can be further broken down by daily job duties, which include:
- Partnering with hiring managers to determine staffing needs
- Screening resumes
- Coordinating interviews with the hiring managers
- Following up on the interview process status
- Performing in-person & phone interviews with candidates
- Performing reference & background checks
- Making recommendations to company hiring managers
- Maintaining relationships with both internal & external clients to ensure staffing goals are achieved
- Communicating employer information & benefits during screening process
- Staying current on the companys organization structure, personnel policy, & federal & state laws regarding employment practices
- Serving as a liaison with area employment agencies, colleges, & industry associations
- Completing timely reports on employment activity
- Ability to rigorously prioritize, multitask & project manage in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written & verbal communication & listening skills
- Demonstrate the ability to motivate & influence others & successfully manage relationships.
- Possess strong change management, negotiation & influencing skills.
- Take Initiative, are organized, proactive & have a positive attitude.
- Tech savvy & enthusiastic about learning new systems.
- A team member who is innovative, curious, empathetic & constantly looking for new ways to support & attract top talent.
- Experience working with different time zones & global teams
- A keen eye for detail & meticulous organization skills
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality on sensitive company information & high level of integrity
- Proficiency with Google Suite & Greenhouse
- You are excited to support global teams & work with people from diverse backgrounds
- You are dedicated to building a diverse, equitable & inclusive work environment
- Eligible to work in the US
If these are the things that get you up in the morning, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume & a cover letter that gives us insight into your passion & qualifications for the role.
Purpose is an equal opportunity employer. Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities & backgrounds in different ways. We believe we are stronger & most effective with a diverse team leading the charge. People of color, women, LGBTQ individuals & people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.