Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion global fashion industry by enabling women to rent, versus buy, clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. Rent the Runway has pioneered a new industry by transforming the traditional model of clothing consumption, making apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
This position offers the opportunity to provide critical business intelligence that empower senior management to make sound decisions. By way of first class management reporting, diligent analyses, & strategic modeling, the Financial Planning & Analysis team delivers timely results & encourages open discussion & creative solutions to improve the quality of our work as the business grows. This position plays a vital role in achieving these goals, & the incumbent should have an entrepreneurial drive, be able to interact with a variety of people, develop & maintain complex models, demonstrate flexibility, & meet rapid deadlines.
- Building financial models that will enable senior leadership to make effective decisions about the companys cost base & revenue projections
- Presenting, analyzing, & interpreting relevant financial data to senior leadership - partnering closely with key leaders to impact strategic business decisions
- Working on a variety of special projects that may include M&A, financings, new business initiatives, etc.
- Owning budgeting process including annual review & analysis, assigning department specific budgets, & tracking monthly/quarterly actuals vs. budget
- Partnering with key business areas to perform strategic analysis & modeling to help inform department specific spending & decisions
- Analyzing competitor performance & market trends
- Writing commentary that adds value & draws attention to key issues and/or perspectives
- Establishing & reporting key operating metrics used to drive the business to greater efficiency
- Assisting in the upgrade of reporting standards through the pursuit of continuous process improvement & liaison with the various business departments
- Preparing & delivering daily, weekly & monthly management reports to key constituents
- Functioning effectively in an especially fast-paced start-up operating environment, managing time effectively to address high priority items in a timely manner
- Assisting in preparation of materials for Board of Director meetings
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Statistics
- 2-7 years of finance & strategic analysis experience in banking or an operational role
- Entrepreneurial drive, excellent communication & interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced & dynamic environment
- Proficient in financial analysis & model building
- Experience utilizing various valuation methodologies including discounted cash flow, P/E, EV/EBITDA, & SOTP analysis
- Investment banking, M&A, or corporate finance experience preferred
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the happiness & wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Generous Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- Industry leading 401k match - an investment in your future.
Rent the Runway is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rent the Runway does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, & business need.