Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, & chance encounters become lifelong connections. At Meetup, our VP of People is responsible for leading the end-to-end Meetup employee experience, partnering with our leaders to foster a culture that empowers Meetup teams to achieve this next chapter in our company's growth & mission.
You will act as a trusted advisor to our CEO & leaders across the organization on people-related best practices that drive company success, & we are specifically looking for a leader who is a real business & strategic partner. Because our people are the most important reason for shaping our future, your impact in this role is one of the most critical in the company.
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, & passionate about enabling people to come together & create the future of real community, a future where people embrace their differences & similarities, show up, do things, & turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, & building diverse, dynamic teams in a safe & inclusive environment. You in?
Your Responsibilities & Impact:
- Owner & leader of the Human Resources, Recruiting & Internal Communications & Engagement functions. Ownership of processes including: strategic headcount planning, recruiting, talent reviews, employee relations, onboarding, learning & development, benefits, immigration, compensation, ERGs, diversity & inclusion, & HR policies
- Develop creative strategies to attract, retain, develop & motivate top talent
- Provide executive level guidance & coaching for the CEO & leadership team
- Make strategic business decisions that facilitate meaningful revenue & profit growth for the company
- Define & plan team OKRs (Objectives & Key Results) & hold the ten-person team accountable to achieve these results
- Drive policies that ensure legal compliance & a healthy & inclusive work environment that makes Meetup an exceptional place to work
- Evaluating executive & leadership talent prospects
- Strategic leader that demonstrates a sense of urgency in their actions
- Build & execute meaningful diversity & inclusion programs, fostering an environment where people can show up to work as their authentic selves every day; an area that is intentional & of high importance to Meetup
- Maintain knowledge of constantly changing industry trends & employment legislation
What We're Looking for in You:
- 15+ years relevant experience in HR within a dynamic & collaborative work environment
- Experience managing others & building & supporting dynamic, high performing teams
- Demonstrated experience working with all levels of an organization, especially the executive level
- Demonstrable experience & a proven dedication to diversity & inclusion
- Deep understanding of general HR including labor law (both the state & federal level) & employee relations
- Experience in international markets a plus (we have 10 to 15 non-US-based employees & growing)
- Ability to adapt to ever-changing business priorities, exhibit flexibility & composure in ambiguity
- Should thrive being a cultural agent of change. Experience leading through change is essential
- Senior-level HR experience at a software product company