Squarespace is looking for a Senior Software Engineer - iOS to join our small, collaborative team responsible for the end-to-end development of our iOS applications & the long-term vision of Squarespace on mobile devices. You will report to our Engineering Manager in New York City.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Prototype new app & feature ideas & explore new leading mobile technologies
- Design & implement new features, create UI, debugging, data modeling
- Collaborate across departments with team members representing product, design, web development, & server-side engineering
- Maintain apps, listen to community & fix issues that arise
- Mentor software engineers at varying levels of experience
- 5+ years of experience within iOS mobile development environments
- Proven experience with Git, Swift, Cocoa & API design
- Knowledge of application architecture, memory management, network programming, & concurrency
- Have published one or more applications in the Apple app store
- Well-versed in client/server architectures
- Passionate about end-to-end-user experience design
- Experience mentoring other engineers, & the desire to lead
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.