At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyfts vision is a world where transportation is affordable, safe & more reliable- & where all types of vehicles are being used more efficiently to decrease traffic & reduce pollution. Lyft's bikes & scooters are a big step in that direction. We want to become the one-stop shop for consumers & all their transportation needs.
If youre excited about the micro-mobility space & about working on light electric vehicles, we encourage you to apply below to join the Bikes & Scooters team! To learn more about Lyfts vision for Bikes & Scooters, read more from our founders here.
- Design, build & maintain in-house test solutions to support the development of electrical & mechanical systems
- Work with mechanical, electrical, & software teams to develop test requirements & test plans
- Write scripts to automate testing & measurement of hardware interfaces
- Lead the development of Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) test automation infrastructure
- Build test fixtures for mechanical & electrical verification testing that can be scaled & deployed in a production environment as appropriat
- Participate in bring-up, debug & root cause failure analysis activities
- Perform component, system, & vehicle characterization testing under dynamic & environmental conditions
- Work with external contract manufacturers & vendors to develop test fixtures, execute testing, & analyze results
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent practical experience, & 4+ years of experience in testing & analysis of mechanical, electrical systems
- Experience with hardware testing, system bring up, design validation, debug, troubleshooting, & failure analysis investigation
- Mechanical & software expertise in test station development
- Experience working with battery management systems (BMS) & battery safety testing
- Experience coding in Python, MATLAB or C++
- Experience working with FMEA, DOE, data interpretation & SPC analysis (e.g. Weibull++, JMP) GR&R
- Knowledge of Industry Test Standards (JEDEC, ASTM, IEEE)
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- Family building benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated & up to date against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated & up to date means an employee has: 1) received all recommended doses in a primary series of COVID-19 vaccine; & 2) either has received a booster dose or is not yet eligible to receive a booster dose but will do so when eligible. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.