ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimms Sales team is a growing group of experienced, resourceful, & scrappy hustlers. We pull out all of the stops to get sh*t done, whether thats working with agencies & clients directly, creating new & unique multi-platform opportunities, or seeking out third-party partnerships to drive incremental revenue. Were seeking an experienced, energetic, proven manager to lead East Coast Sales. We are looking for a high performer to establish & drive account strategy for the East Coast sales team. The ideal candidate has significant advertising sales & leadership experience in digital media, with a proven track record of winning new business, building relationships & guiding a successful sales team.
theSkimm is for high performers who thrive off of seeing direct impact to their work. This is not a typical sales management role. theSkimm works hard to understand the marketing needs of our advertisers, & we develop creative & timely campaigns that add value to the lives of our members without jeopardizing the integrity of our voice & brand. Reporting to the Head of Sales, you'll be leading the East Coast (6-8 sellers) & be an integral part of our growing sales team & evangelization on the East Coast.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Manage, motivate, & develop a team of six to eight sellers in NYC to achieve quarterly & annual sales goals
- Develop & execute a strategic revenue plan that achieves goals & grows market share
- Support sellers in developing robust pipelines, category & territory strategies
- Deliver marketplace feedback to improve sales products & selling strategy
- Work closely with Brand Strategy, Client Services, Edit, Insights, Commerce, & Video & Social teams to drive the development of new proactive, cross-platform opportunities
- Contribute creative & strategic guidance at the client, category & territory levels
- Serve as an ambassador for our brands in market, clearly explaining our value proposition & creative platforms
- Develop & leverage existing & new high-level client & agency relationships
- Identify, monitor & accurately forecast sales activity
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 10+ years advertising sales & sales management experience meeting or exceeding quota as a result of the sale of complex deals
- Excellent verbal, written & presentation skills
- Familiarity & enthusiasm for theSkimm, our products, & the utility we offer to our audience
- Creative, strategic thinker who enjoys digging in & problem solving
- Energetic, positive & well-organized approach to sales & sales management
- Experience selling multi-product sponsorships across native, custom content, social, display, email & experiential
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Existing C-level relationships & contacts with marquee brands & media agencies, experience calling directly on C-level executives
- Willingness to thrive in a startup organization, highly motivated, entrepreneurial, & energetic
- Self-starter with background managing sales teams for digital lifestyle brands
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Catered Friday lunches & monthly gatherings
- A vibrant office environment full of books, couches & a roof deck
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.