Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Senior Director is responsible for leading a team of subject matter experts to deliver client & CS readiness support & deployment of Visa's Core products & Infrastructure for clients in the NA region. Clients include issuing & acquiring financial institutions, third party processors & strategic partners. This role provides functional & technical leadership for all client readiness activities, including the cross functional delivery of systems & services for these products & associated initiatives. This role requires close collaboration with all Visa functions including Client Services, Product, Technology & Sales as well as clients.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Director of Readiness has responsibility for Client & Client Services functional readiness for launches of new & enhanced Core & Infrastructure products via Business Releases or as stand-alone initiatives. This lead position collaborates with Product, Technology, Client Services, Sales & our external Clients to develop a robust Readiness plan to support the design, development & delivery of Visa's Enterprise, Core & Access product & services. This team is also responsible for establishing consistent & scalable implementation approaches to help accelerate the deployment of Visa products & services with continued client support for optimization of key products & services once commercially launched & will work closely with our implementation teams to establish best practices.
This role is responsible for building a cohesive high performing team by providing leadership, setting strategic direction & applying working knowledge of Visa & Visa products, systems & procedures. This is a people manager role & a direct report to the Vice President of NA Client Readiness.
- Highly effective collaborator working across Global & Regional teams
- Lead the Core products & Infrastructure Readiness team with responsibility for implementation of new Visa initiatives such as Visa Token Service use cases, risk products, APIs, transit, digital issuance
- Own overall strategy, planning, directing & oversight responsibility of multiple projects, products, services or functions typically requiring the utilization or management of resources across multiple departments or functional areas.
- Provide functional & technical leadership for all Client beta & pilot implementations of new Visa products & services driving cross-functional delivery of systems & services to Clients. Define & deploy client implementation strategies that preserve Visa & client expertise while delivering effective, efficient consultative support & project management that aligns to NA, Product, Technology, Client & Client support business goals & objectives.
- Actively engage with Product, Technology & CS teams to ensure all client projects are successfully executed & business goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner with a resulting high level of client satisfaction.
- Partner with Product at the early stages of development activities to represent the needs of the CS organization
- Work with Product ensuring we have a single voice internally & externally & can identify & remove any obstacles that may arise during our Product Development Delivery Process (PDDP).
- Work with PDDP to maximize the adoption of the product & ensure efficient support for existing & new use cases
- Provide thought leadership & strategic guidance during the project implementation solution development process to ensure all necessary tools, processes, procedures & staff are in place to provide outstanding client support.
- Identify & represent requirements & risks on behalf of NA client-facing client support & project management groups during introduction of new products
- Oversee the development of strategies, programs & action plans, aligning the efforts of the CS organization with other key stakeholders.
- Drive change & evolve the project implementation model on how we meet the future business needs of our clients
- Strategic development & refinement of implementation model in working with non-traditional, strategic clients in NA like Stripe, Adyen & Paypal
- Develop & execute implementation service deliverables in support of client & country account plans & strategies
- Influence decision makers at staff, senior & executive management levels within Client & Visa organizations through a combination of negotiation & consultative output
- Effectively navigate problem solving opportunities which vary widely in nature & scope & generally present situations that have no precedence for resolution
- Transition products & services, once stable, to core support & implementations teams to reach market scalability goals & define production support framework
- Lead CS contributions in development of business cases for new products/services.
- Lead internal process re-engineering projects at a functional level to deliver enhancements that can be adopted by the various stakeholders to improve global service delivery
- Identify opportunities to improve processes & procedures & takes the initiative to lead & drive change that results in measurable & sustained improvement in cost and/or quality.
- Leverage appropriate Visa assets & resources to provide an exceptional implementation & delivery experience to the client
- Build & maintain relationships with key senior business leaders in the Visa Technology, CS, Product, Sales, & strategy organizations to insure that Readiness can support the deployment of all new products/services.
- Drive change that results in measurable & sustained improvement in product adoption, service quality & support delivery
- Provide leadership & continuous coaching & training to broader CS teams
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Innovative & agile with ability to adapt market needs & changing environment. The ability to make decisions involving complex business & technical solutions where little or no precedence exists.
- Ability to lead successful team adoption of changing landscapes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to build & maintain strong business relationships with internal & external stakeholders at all levels of management
- High level of self-motivation, initiative & drive, & ability to operate effectively as a team player across different business units.
- Subject Matter Expertise in multiple areas, gained through years of experience supporting clients & new product initiatives/existing product enhancements within a payment-processing environment.
- Strong team player with ability to coordinate work activities & schedules with others to ensure Client commitments & overall objectives are met.
- Ability to view challenges strategically & keep pace with the demands of the business by anticipating problems & identifying opportunities, then proposing appropriate solutions, devising business cases & providing leadership to effectively implement change.
- Ability to translate complex customer business needs into opportunities for system & service solutions.
- Analytical, fact-based with the ability to synthesize & organize data/information, applying sound judgment in dealing with unknowns and/or data gaps, identifying & quantifying risks, identifying & assessing options particularly under difficult.
- Expert knowledge of VisaNet & API technologies & systems used in payments, mobile & e-commerce, authentication, near field communication (NFC), remote payments, push payments & tokenization while keeping step with market developments
- Functional Project management experience
- Excellent MS Office skills (e.g. MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.)
- Excellent time management, organization, & planning skills.
- Demonstrates strong Leadership Principles
- Work Hours: Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours with flexibility to addressad hoc issues.
- Travel Requirements: This position requires the incumbent to travel for work approximately 20% of the time
- EEO Statement: Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.