Build Flexports people infrastructure to support continued growth & scale
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone.
Flexport was founded in 2013 to help shippers get their stuff from A to B. Sounds simple, right? In reality, its more like A to B to C all the way to Q, with each leg of the journey handled by a different company. That means innovative, entrepreneurial people spend more time thinking about containers than about their products or customers. Flexport is here to change that by helping people move, finance & make smart decisions about freight. That helpful, actionable spirit infuses everything we do.
Flexport is looking for a Total Rewards Leader. We need someone with a strong compensation background (preferably with pre-IPO & public company experience) who is passionate about analysis, program design, & teamwork. Reporting to the VP, Head of Global People Operations, you will provide strategic, consultative advice to the Flexport leadership team & will be responsible for the total rewards & recognition strategy that will attract, retain, & motivate top talent.
- Drive the strategic design & execution of Flexports global compensation, equity, & benefits programs in line with business needs & values, & provide flexibility & local customization to account for cultural & market differences.
- Partner with the CEO & the executive team to define a compelling total rewards strategy, built for a hybrid work-from-home & work-from-office workforce.
- Lead executive compensation efforts.
- Oversee projects focusing on key compensation initiatives such as compensation strategy redesign & implementation, market benchmarking, career path/ladder formation, & the design of short-term & long-term incentive programs.
- Oversee the company's benefits programs, including health, welfare, & retirement programs globally. Drive analytical rigor & analysis on effectiveness & competitiveness of existing programs to verify they are aligned with our business & talent strategies & monitor market trends to make recommendations for changes, as appropriate.
- Oversee all deliverables for our quarterly Comp Committee meetings as well as manage the equity budget annually for the Board. Partner with leadership & BOD on compensation programs for IPO readiness.
- Monitor external trends & benchmark activities across all areas of rewards to elevate our understanding of our compensation competitiveness globally, & evolve it over time to meet the changing landscape of total rewards.
You should have:
- Bachelors or Masters degree & 10+ years of Total Rewards leadership experience in a public, multinational high technology environment.
- Proven track record of influencing, leading & facilitating large scale strategic initiatives with multiple senior stakeholders.
- Demonstrated global compensation experience in the following areas: executive compensation, salary planning, market pricing, job evaluation, data analysis, research & cost modeling.
- Global benefit experience including knowledge of health & welfare plans, leaves & time off practices, & retirement plans.
- Experience with administering & marketing options & RSUs as a large portion of the employee Total Rewards package.
- Strong track record building, leading, & mentoring a diverse & high-performing team.
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity & strong problem solving skills. Strong attention to detail, organization, & the highest standards for accuracy & precision.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal & collaborative skills across all levels, with an ability to persuade & influence. Ability to exercise good judgment & discretion & maintain confidentiality.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated, & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, creed, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.