As a member of the Tanium Tax department, you will focus on all aspects of corporate tax & will work closely with key internal & external partners to support the cash tax forecasting process, income & transactional tax filings, tax provision & reporting, & audit defense. You will serve as a true partner to the organization, always approaching work with a lens of adding value to the company.
What you'll do:
- Partner with third party service providers to assist with international & US income tax filings.
- Work cross-functionally to identify & understand significant book transactions & determine applicable tax treatment.
- Lead indirect tax compliance process & reporting including VAT, sales & use tax, & property tax reporting.
- Become a super user of our sales tax engine, Avalara, to accurately tax, collect & remit based on taxability & jurisdictional requirements.
- Prepare global tax reconciliations, analysis, estimate calculation & filing deadlines.
- Responds to notices & represents the Company in communications with various tax agencies, as required.
- Stay up-to-date on new tax accounting pronouncements, prepare tax accounting journal entries & assist with ASC 740 calculations & reporting.
- Administer Company policies regarding taxes, transfer pricing & internal controls.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with internal teams to maintain current, accurate, & complete information for tax compliance & reporting purposes.
- Support special projects & provide ad-hoc support such as tax planning, restructuring, tax/credit initiatives, 3115 filings, perform tax research, advise business partners, & support income, sales & use, & property tax audits.
Who we're looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting or Finance Accounting [MST/CPA preferred], with 3+ years of tax experience (some public accounting experience is preferred).
- Strong tax technical skills & have experience with US federal, state & local tax compliance.
- Systems experience with NetSuite, Avalara & the Microsoft 365 suite.
- Innately curious & interested in learning more about transactional tax reporting & the financial reporting standards of ASC 740.
- Extremely organized & detail-oriented individual with exceptional project management skills.
- Excellent written & verbal communicator.
- Adaptive to fast paced, changing environment & competing critical deadlines.
- Can act & operate independently.
- Proactive, high energy attitude geared towards achieving continuous improvement.
- Above all else, bright, kind & goal oriented.
At Tanium, we offer a proven platform for endpoint visibility & control that transforms how the world's largest & most sophisticated organizations manage & secure their computing devices with unparalleled speed & agility. Theres a reason why more than half of the Fortune 100, top retailers & financial institutions, & four branches of the US Armed Forces rely on Tanium.
Our unstoppable spirit, drive to do the right thing & win as a team attitude has earned us the rank of 7th on the Forbes list of Top 100 Private Companies in Cloud Computing for 2019 & 10th on FORTUNEs list of the 100 Best Medium Workplaces.
At Tanium, we take care of our employees & their communities with things like 5 days of Volunteer Time Off.