BuzzFeeds Data Infrastructure Group is looking for an experienced yet eager-to-learn engineer to help build the infrastructure that powers our analytics products. Our groups mission is to provide an integrated, reliable, scalable platform that empowers teams across BuzzFeed to make data-driven decisions & build data-driven products.
BuzzFeed has used technology & data to guide & scale its business from day-one. Today our data pipeline supports more than 500 applications & ingests close to 2TB of data every day. Were looking for an engineer who understands how good tools can shape company culture, & who is excited about taking BuzzFeeds data-driven strategy to the next level.
We offer a great compensation package with stock options, full benefits (401k matching), & tasty perks - including catered lunch twice a week, a well stocked kitchen & bagel Fridays. We host team outings & special events like music breaks & summer film series.
What you'll do:
- Help drive the optimization, testing & tooling to improve data quality
- Span languages as needed, depending on the data processing framework in use
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML experts, & others, taking learning & leadership opportunities that will arise every single day
- Work with a mix of battle-tested & cutting edge technologies in a distributed ecosystem
- Help teams across the organization understand how they can use our data to make better, quicker decisions
- Architect, build & launch new data models that provide thoughtful analytics to editors & engineers alike
Who you are:
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, & data storage techniques
- You take pride in designing beautiful, efficient systems & take design & code reviews seriously
- You are passionate about helping drive decisions by providing reliable, high-quality data
- Experience with Go & Python
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
- A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
- No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, & birthday treats