Product Manager - Secrets & Cryptography
We at Booking.com are looking for a Security Product Manager to help us shape the future of our data security posture.
If you have experience building large scale technology products which impacted the way in which thousands of users interact, if you were product responsible for critical security platforms such as secret management, certificates management, HSM or other key management platform that positively affected a companys security posture, we would love to hear from you!
You will be working in an agile & dynamic environment, defining, managing & driving the implementation of security solutions that will decrease the threat surface of Booking.coms massive scale production infrastructure while at the same time ensuring minimal friction for our developers & engineers. Your contributions will be directly impacting the confidentiality, integrity, & availability of all of the major Booking.com products.
On a normal day, you will:
- Drive the product backlog & prioritize ruthlessly for a team of highly-skilled engineers;
- Challenge the status quo of our current solutions & drive resolution through collaboration, influence & innovation (minimize friction; maximize impact);
- Discuss with your colleagues the nuances of engineering solutions in order to push the projects forward;
- Manage expectations of users & stakeholders, as well as communicate with your customers to guarantee that solutions are fit-for-purpose;
- Ensure that, as our goals & the threat landscape changes, the products backlogs evolve with them. You will continuously work with the Group Product Manager to keep these backlogs relevant & aligned with the bigger picture;
- Define key business & product success metrics, track them, & improve upon them in order to form data-driven opinions;
- Demonstrate your strong problem-solving skills by structuring issues & analyzing alternative scalable solutions;
- Be a team player, fostering a bottom-up ideation process.
- 2+ years of experience in product management or security guidance position, working with systems engineering team(s);
- Process design & optimization experience;
- The ability to see the big picture, without losing sight of the product details;
- The ability to understand & formulate meaningful business & technical metrics;
- Excellent communication & presentation skills: the ability to summarize complex & technical topics to a wide range of audiences in a clear & concise manner;
- An ability to meet commitments, build consensus, & negotiate resolution;
- A positive can do attitude!
- Youre realistic with what can be done given the available resources, but still challenge the status quo & optimize for impact;
- English language fluency. Both spoken, & written;
- Experience working with large scale infrastructure & distributed systems.
Our perfect candidate will also have:
- 3+ years of experience as a security architect in large scale companies;
- Concrete knowledge & experience with encryption processes implementation;
- Experience working with companies dealing with regulatory & compliance regulations such as GDPR, PCI-DSS or SOx.;
- Proven experience with Linux operating systems;
- Concrete experience with some/all of the following topics/platforms:
- Secret management platforms;
- HSM devices;
- Infrastructure security;
- Languages such as Golang, Bash;
- Infrastructure automation tools (mostly Puppet);
- Identities & authentication processes - mostly in Cloud & Containers environments.
Whats in it for you?
The Product Manager position is open to candidates worldwide. We provide assistance for you & your family with a generous relocation package, ensuring a smooth transition to working & living in Amsterdam. We have successfully relocated 300+ technology professionals to Amsterdam in the last year.
- Headquarters located in one of the most vibrant cities in Europe: Amsterdam;
- Performance-based company that offers 26 vacation days, career advancement & lucrative compensation, including bonuses & stock potential;
- Training, regular hackathons & opportunities to travel & attend global conferences;
- Discount on Booking.com accommodations with the Booking Deal including other perks & benefits;
- Company-sponsored family & social activities to help our employees become integrated with each other & Dutch culture;
- Diverse, unique colleagues from every corner of the world.
Keywords: Product Manager Security, Cyber Security, Product Manager, Production Platform, Cloud, Access Management, Service Manager, Project Manager, Data Security, Secrets Management, Secret Management, HSM, Encryption, Cryptography