Company Description|Job Description
Tradeshift is disrupting a stale e-invoicing, procure to pay, & financial solutions market. We are connecting companies of all sizes & providing them with the platform & network needed to create value from old processes like procurement, invoicing, payments, & workflow. Tradeshift is redefining an enterprise space that has seen little change in many years. We recognize that business is messy & business is social. Understanding these two facts drives the development of Tradeshift - a platform for all your business interactions.
Our Marketplace Apps Team
We develop & expand apps & services which bring to our customers a modern, managed buying experience.
Our team is looking for a passionate Backend Engineer, who is an expert in server-side development, & cares deeply about the customer experience.
You will become a member of a skilled, cross-functional & self-driven team, that includes developers, designers & business people. Our focus is on the Buyer experience, developing & expanding apps & services that enable great Buy processes.
We value individuals who are passionate, who care, & who can set a direction for their peers.
- Integrate user-facing elements developed by front-end developers with server side logic
- Build reusable code & libraries for future use
- Work on feature requests & issues that are crucial to our enterprise customers in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Implement services that are highly-available & reliable, & build features to enable new Tradeshift products
- Design & implement data storage solutions
- Be involved in all aspects of product development, from user stories to final implementation & production support
- Write high-quality, tested & peer-reviewed code
- Identify opportunities & implement solutions to improve engineering productivity
- Basic knowledge of building applications on top of Docker, Kubernetes, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Deep understanding of the full web stack
- Experience with different types of persistence (SQL databases, caches, NoSQL stores)
- Experience with BackEnd testing frameworks
- Experience with web programming concepts such as REST, SOAP, client/server, AJAX, etc. & related security paradigms (e.g. OAuth, OpenId, SSO/SAML, WS-Security, PKI)
- Experience with structured development & build environments (continuous integration, automated testing, automated configuration & deployment) as well as familiarity with infrastructure automation (Puppet)
- Experience implementing microservices & working with distributed systems, resilient architectures, distributed transaction patterns, containers etc.
- Experience working in agile & scrum methodologies
- A keen interest in the latest technologies
- Ability to communicate clearly & concisely to engineers, designers, & product managers
- Fluent in English speaking, reading & writing
Our culture was formed from day one when three Danes poured their heart & soul into creating a platform that could connect every business in the world. We expect each employee to approach their job at Tradeshift with the same amount of pride & passion & embody the Tradeshift culture that makes us the best company in history.
Shifters come from various backgrounds & nations, & we all thrive off challenging the status quo. We take pride in nurturing employee happiness, encouraging personal development, & welcoming teammates from all walks of life.
We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Ambitious international startup, & agile environment in Bucharest, Romania
- Competitive compensation package
- Career & professional development opportunities (workshops, trainings etc.)
- Trips to design-camps for working with & learning from professionals in other countries
- Flexible work hours
- Company laptop provided
- Medical Subscription
- Meal tickets of 15 lei value for each working day
- Free drinks & snacks daily, fresh fruits every Monday & Wednesday
- Safe outdoor bike parking spot
- Access to Bookster
- Friendly & relaxed working atmosphere
- Relaxing spots, games - ping pong, board games
- Fun team-bonding events such as Team Camps, Hack-a-thons, Game & Field Days, Welcome Breakfast, Happy Hours, Birthdays Celebrations & more!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.