Director, Sales Operations
With Flexport offices & infrastructure on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with passionate & resourceful team members.
Our sales force will continue to grow globally along with our client base. Flexports Sales Operations team will be responsible for supporting this growth by setting global standards to ensure local execution of sales programs & strategies. This team will partner with & be a trusted advisor to the Senior Sales Leadership on performance metrics, & managing & improving sales force productivity. As the Director of Sales Operations, you will own the global sales operations plan, deliver insights on global sales performance, & partner with the Go to Market organization on strategic priorities. You will be the key advisor to Heads of Region, General Managers & Sales Leaders on performance trends, global processes, & programs. You will own the technology & the tools necessary for global sales excellence. You will partner with other key stakeholders, including Client Solutions, Finance, Compensation, Operations & Trade Lane Management, for forecasting, strategy setting & tactical execution.
- Be the expert for the global sales performance & pipeline health for the organization, measuring global & regional performance & providing strategic insight to pipeline health & blockers to growth
- Drive & standardize core revenue operations processes sales forecasting, headcount planning, & pipeline management.
- Set the global standards for sales processes, including pipeline views, cadences, metrics.
- Scope & prioritize cross functional projects aligned to organizational objectives.
- Structure & execute operational & strategic initiatives by developing plans, gathering & synthesizing data, leading analyses, & developing recommendations for any identified gaps
- Participate in & advise Sales Leadership during annual/quarterly planning/forecasting processes, including development of business plans, operating models, resource allocation, market segmentation, compensation performance & territory planning models.
- Be the interface into the Finance Planning, Business, Analytics & Compensation team to facilitate the needs & requirements of the business.
- Collaborate with regional & global demand generation & SDR teams to develop playbooks & programs to successfully meet revenue goals.
- Identify successes & performance gaps on commercial tactics & sales productivity, provide data driven insight to Sr. Sales Leadership & support internal stakeholders on action plans.
- Build, lead, & develop a team of Sales Operations professionals to support Sales Development Representatives & Account Owners in all areas of lead gen, opportunity management, & client lifecycle.
- Responsible for vendor & contract management for services & products that support the global client lifecycle, owner of the tools Go To Market Organization needs to be successful.
- Drive CRM master data management, data quality & administer account rules of engagement & segmentation.
- Support product, process & skills enablement for Sales Operations & adjacent teams in support of the client lifecycle.
You should have:
- BA/BS degree with 10+ years of work experience in sales operations, technology, freight forwarding, international logistics, or supply chain consulting industries. Experience in Sales Operations Leadership is strongly preferred.
- A leadership track record of 5+ years of progressively increasing responsibility including experience leading & developing teams in a dynamic & diversified environment
- Proficient in CRM Technology - experience with Salesforce is a plus!
- A knack for spotting opportunities to simplify processes & solutions while preserving client happiness
- Strong interpersonal communication skills that inspire, motivate, build trust, & result in effective working relationships with colleagues & business partners
- Courage to challenge the status quo when logic & reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
- Ability to be comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis with a high degree of initiative & sense of urgency.
- You are a growth mindset leader who is willing to unlearn & relearn, not forgetting what you know, but is able to switch gears between the get it done here & now while still building the future.
- A "compliance first" attitude to keep our regulators happy & enthusiastic about Flexport since we operate in a heavily regulated industry.
We believe trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easy for everyone. Flexport is building the platform for global logistics, empowering buyers, sellers & their logistics partners with the technology & services to grow & innovate. Today, companies of all sizesfrom emerging brands to Fortune 500suse Flexport technology to move more than $10B of merchandise across 112 countries every year.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
Dont be! Our mission is to make global trade easy for everyone. Thats why its important to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the global logistics industry forward.
We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.