Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is growing rapidly & seeking a Sales Manager of Strategic Growth Accounts to lead our growing Strategic Growth Sales team in North America. This person will lead, mentor, & scale a high performing team of Strategic Growth Account Executives (6-10 individual contributors) focused on revenue growth, retention, & cross selling Twilios new products to existing named accounts covering SMB companies within North America.
Twilio is looking for a Sales Manager that lives the Twilio Magic & has a demonstrable track record of success building & scaling teams of SMB account executives. They also have:
- At least 5+ years of consultative solutions selling experience, with a minimum of 2 years experience managing a team of account executives with demonstrable examples of scaling the team while achieving increased sales effectiveness. You foster an inclusive, open & inspiring team culture & environment that empowers your team to do their best work.
- Experience building high performing sales teams, managing all monthly forecasting, & can support fiscal planning & revenue tracking for all major accounts in the region.
- You are analytical & detail oriented. You can collect data & quickly make decisions about next steps in the sales process. Youve leveraged SFDC, Tableau, & Google Productivity Suite to analyze & drive results.
- You are a tech-savvy "people" person who learns fast & thinks on your feet. You love working with real customers--listening to them & solving problems. Youre experienced in building relationships with C-level resources within the account base & are well versed in contract negotiations with savvy financial buyers.
- You should feel comfortable with selling a platform or SaaS, but if you have experience across a multitude of communication channels: Voice, Messaging, Video, Contact Centers, Security/Authentication, Call Tracking & other communication solutions...even better!
- Youre ready to roll up your sleeves to get stuff done, doing whatever it takes to retain & delight a customer. Youve admired the Nordstrom, Apple, & Zappos service ethos.
- You have a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
As a Twilio Sales Manager of Strategic Growth Accounts, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER: You are customer focused, metrics driven, embrace a consultative sales philosophy, & are passionate about helping your team succeed.
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES: Our customers are often application owners, software engineering leaders, product managers, entrepreneurs, & line of business owners. You must love talking to all types of customers about building their businesses & helping them drive innovation across many different types of use cases centered around how our customers communicate with their customers.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: You will support your team by helping them build & progress pipeline, work across functions to execute complex deals & aid reps in both deal strategy & proposals to the client base. Conduct weekly 1:1's with each team member, provide tactical deal guidance, on the job training, strategic deal coaching, motivation & career development.
- WRITE IT DOWN: Maintain accurate & up-to-date CRM data for your team & provide reliable weekly forecast information to upper management.
The Strategic Growth team plays an integral role in Twilio's continued growth & has already built a solid customer base in region. As our new Manager of Strategic Growth Accounts, you will be responsible for leading a team for revenue growth, retention, & also cross sell Twilios new products to existing customers. Your teams goal is for Twilio to be a trusted advisor to help companies solve their pains & challenges through communication workflows, improve their overall customer engagement experience & meet their business objectives.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.