Stash is a digital-first financial services company committed to making investing & banking accessible to everyone. By breaking down barriers & building transparent, technology-driven products, we help the 99% build smarter financial habits so they can confidently save more, grow wealth, & enjoy life.
We are seeking a Product Design Manager to join our growing product design team. In this role, you'll inspire & lead a group of designers to better understand our customers & our business & craft a best-in-class experience that supports their needs.
What you'll do:
- Support & develop a team of designers. Youll provide leadership, direction, & mentorship for several product designers spanning multiple product areas. Well look for you to set them up for success by setting clear goals, providing consistent direction & feedback, & inspiring them to push the quality of their design work.
- Guide product strategy. In each of your product areas, youll provide guidance to help your team members identify the most important problems to solve & create simple, elegant solutions that fit into a larger, unified product experience.
- Push the boundaries. While were proud of how far weve come, we know that we still have plenty of room for improvement. Youll encourage our designers to experiment with new ideas & stretch their skills to create experiences that help our customers & our business achieve new heights.
- Ensure a high level of design work. Youll set new standards for design excellence & work closely with your team members to ensure that their work meets a high bar at each phase of the design process.
- Represent your team. As a leader within our design organization, youll champion your teams work & the decisions behind it, as well as be an advocate for user-centered design.
- Build healthy & productive relationships with cross-functional partners & executives. In order to ensure that our design process is operating smoothly & that your product teams are creating solutions that are cohesive & well-informed, youll foster strong partnerships & operating rhythms across the company.
- Improve design productivity & efficiency. As a leader within our design organization, youll help us to improve upon our existing processes & workflows & standardize them across the company.
- Roll your sleeves up & contribute as a designer when necessary. While your primary responsibilities will be focused on guiding product strategy & setting your team members up for success, at times you may need to hop into a design tool & do some hands-on design work in order to ensure that your product teams are achieving great outcomes.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of experience working in product design & 2+ years of experience managing product design teams
- A track record of leading product design teams through successful product launches across iOS, Android, & web
- An understanding of both the execution of design & the business aspects of the products
- The ability to think big & understand complex feature sets
- Effective in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, & prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, & analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly & persuasively across different audiences & varying levels of the organization
- A strong information design experience with a solid foundation of UX design heuristics
- Experience recruiting, hiring, & retaining multi-disciplinary design teams
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Deep knowledge & applied experience in visual design (layout, typography, color)
- Superb attention to detail
- Ability to work well on an ego-free, highly-collaborative, & cross-functional team
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic startup environment
We believe that diversity & inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, & building the best products out there. Our success is directly related to the employees that we hire, grow & retain & we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Everyone is encouraged to apply.
Benefits & Perks:
- Equity in Stash
- Flexible Vacation
- Family-Friendly Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance Plans
- Learning & Development Stipend
- Commuter Benefits andFlexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Employee referral bonuses
- Stocked fridges & kitchens & catered lunch on Fridays
- Thursday happy hours
- Team outings that do not involve trust falls...
Awards & Recognition:
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019)
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019)
- Built in NYC's Best Places to work (2019)
- Built in NYCs Startups to Watch (2018)
- Wall Street Journal's "Top 25 Tech Companies To Watch" (2018)
- MarCom Awards Double Gold & Platinum Winner (2018)
- Webby Award Winner for Best Mobile Sites & Apps in the Financial Services & Banking category (2017)
- W3 Awards Winner for Best User Experience (2017)
**No recruiters, please.