At Boxed, our mission is to address the evolving data needs of businesses through our experience within the e-Commerce landscape. What began as an end-to-end solution for Boxed.com is now a world-class suite of SaaS products, powered by advanced analytics & machine learning. Retailers & companies of various industries can easily produce deep business insights, resulting in data-driven, positive outcomes in all facets of their operations.
Our Engineering team is a brilliant cultivator of technology powering our world class platform & SaaS spanning everything from Catalog, Orders & Fulfillment, & Personalization. Being part of Boxeds Engineering team means youll work with wicked-smart individuals from all over the world who contribute as engineers, product managers, designers, & data scientists. Every day our Engineering team innovates in the depths of e-commerce with the latest technologies & were excited to welcome engineers who are ready for a challenge & know how to think outside the box!
We are looking for talented Senior Software Engineers to join our Fulfillment Services team. The team's primary mission is to build solutions that support business's Fulfillment operations. We work on services such as Warehouse Management, Local Delivery/BOPIS, & Worker (Picker, Shopper, Rider) Management. In addition to building well designed/documented APIs/Backend services, we make React-Native mobile apps for picking/packing orders & concoct Raspberry Pi driven solutions to scan levels, weigh boxes, & print labels. Weve even made a robot or forty to traverse our warehouse to carry the goods from pickers to packers.
- Develop, test, & deploy APIs & event driven processes supporting our eCommerce platform using Node.js & Typescript onto Google Cloud Platform
- Think big & boldly as we collectively drive toward providing the best global e-commerce & SaaS platform
- Design & implement solutions that provide immediate & long-lasting value to our customers, partners, & employees
- Collaborate with our product teams in domain-driven, cross-functional teams
- Improve the performance, reliability, observability, & scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation & thorough automated tests to ensure code stability & to reduce maintenance
- Review your peers code to both teach & learn while increasing the quality of our software
- Ship code that directly impacts our customers' experience
- Take responsibility & diagnose production issues.
- Demonstrated results & products from 4+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent & relevant work experience
- Demonstrated track record of taking initiative on projects
- Experience mentoring or captaining in any capacity
- Experience writing production code in backend applications using NodeJS
- Strong Database skills (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, SQL)
- Experience with event-driven communication (e.g. Pub/Sub)
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude
- Ability to learn & adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal & oral communication skills it will be necessary for you to communicate your work to the rest of the engineering team through many mediums including documentation, presentations, & intra-team workshops
- Ability to work with & mentor small teams
- Excellent troubleshooting & debugging skills.
- Experience with Distributed Systems (eg. Microservices, Event-Driven Architecture)
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with Cloud Infrastructure & Containerization (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
Benefits & Perks:
- Working with smart, positive people
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Unlimited vacation
- Full healthcare benefits.