We are seeking an experienced Test Engineer to join our world-class Test Engineering team in making the hyperloop a reality. This individual will work closely in a fast-paced, agile environment during product development & V&V activities.
Test Engineering is responsible for developing, enforcing & implementing testing requirements & rigor as defined in cooperation with the Hyperloop One Safety/Certification team; design & implementation of testing equipment, instrumentation, facilities, procedures, processes, documentation including data management, safety protocols, prototype testing, life-cycle verification & oversight of all testing operations.
Lets build a better future together!
The Test Engineer will:
- Work with internal & external customers to develop test plans & procedures to meet testing needs in a realistic & achievable manner.
- Collaborate with Design & Systems Engineering to define requirements & specification for testing, verification, & validation.
- Manage testing programs from test planning, test execution, to data reporting.
- Consult with technicians, other engineers, management & others as needed.
- Perform data analysis & generate technical reports.
- Responsibilities may include project management, including budgeting, scheduling, & communicating project information
- Construction, set-up & operation of testing equipment.
- Troubleshoot & fix issues with testing equipment & or set-up.
- Willing to be hands-on with laboratory equipment & enjoy working in a highly integrated software/hardware environment
- Possesses strong interpersonal & technical communication skills.
- Dynamic & creative: Thrives in a fast-paced environment where several interdependent technologies are being developed simultaneously. Welcomes the challenge of generating ideas & performing analysis based on inputs & requirements that are subject to change.
- Team oriented: Comfortable & energized by working in a team with a wide variety of backgrounds & skillsets. You welcome constructive feedback & different perspectives.
- Passionate about delivering the Hyperloop to the world.
- Keen attention to detail.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EXPERIENCE:
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline.
- Experience in operating & calibrating test instrumentation.
- Capable of creating, managing, & executing effective test programs in a rapid development environment.
- Experience in developing requirements-driven test plans & procedures.
- Experience working in a highly integrated software/hardware environment.
- Ability to diagnose & troubleshoot complex issues.
- M.S. or advanced degree in Engineering or equivalent field.
- Test fixture design & setup experience
- Working knowledge of 3D CAD Design Software such as Unigraphics NX, Solidworks, AutoCAD etc.
- Good understanding of engineering concepts, principles, & theory with technical experience demonstrating the application of those concepts while ensuring safety & regulatory compliance.
- Experience testing, qualifying, and/or certifying large-scale complex systems.
Hyperloop One is an Equal Employment Employer; employment is governed on the basis of merit, competence & qualifications & will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other protected status. Hyperloop One will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the Ban the Box legislation.We may access publicly available information as part of your application. For full information on how your personal information will be stored & processed, pleaseclick here.
To all recruitment agencies:Virgin Hyperloop One does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Virgin Hyperloop One employees or any other company location. Virgin Hyperloop One is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.