The product design team at Oscar considers the entire member journey & the insurance operations flows that power it. We consider the systems we design to be as important as the artifacts we make. Our practice is human-centered, our work is rooted in empathy & research, & we lead by example & with our values.
In this role, you will help us explore, design, & shape the vision for the tools that enable our member support team, Concierge. Our mission is to use design & tech to improve efficiency of core internal operations while seeking innovative opportunities to drive value for our members. In your day-to-day, you will design, test, & help ship high-quality features within our member services app that allow Concierge Care Guides to seamlessly monitor & manage care journeys, member inquiries, & provider interactions.
You will report into the Group Product Design Manager. This is a remote role, you will work remotely in one of the following states: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Washington. Note, this list of states is subject to change.
- Work on a web-based app that helps Oscars member support (Concierge) assist members & providers
- Own the design process & partner closely with cross-functional peers like product managers, tech leads, engineers, data scientists & business stakeholders to drive clarity around strategy & alignment on solutions
- Collaborate with other product designers across the organization with feedback during critiques & thoughtful contributions to the design team at large
- Structure & conduct outcomes-driven user research & usability testing
- Work within & contribute to the Oscar design language system
- Contribute to design-driven greenfield work involving key team members & stakeholders to discover near-term & long-term areas of opportunity
- Uncover edge cases & think through complex user flows/scenarios
- 2+ years of professional experience designing digital products.
- Portfolio demonstrating the ability to solve difficult problems through multiple case studies showing process & impact
- Strong foundational design & product thinking skill set
- Familiarity with information architecture & front-end development basics
- Committed to creating elegant, simple user experiences within a complex industry
- Ability to evaluate & balance user & business needs
- Experience collaborating with product managers & engineers on product specs, requirements, roadmapping, QA, & facilitating progress at all stages of a project
- Iterative design methodologies & the drive to gather feedback early & often
- Experience conducting user research & user testing
- Passionate about our mission making healthcare more accessible
- Experience within and/or excitement for the space of internal tools & enterprise software
- We value designers from diverse backgrounds & will consider candidates with different types of education & relevant professional experiences in determining qualification. If you feel qualified, please apply. Your experiences & your demonstrated skill sets are far more important than your level or industry expectations.
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.