Our Trade team works with the world's most exciting design firms & we are looking for a Senior Manager of Operations to join this growing & dynamic team. The Senior Manager will partner with leadership on a wide variety of initiatives from broad sales strategies to tactical operational improvements. This role is highly cross-functional in nature; in it you will liaise with sales, human resources, marketing, product, finance, legal & analytics.
To be successful as the Senior Manager of Operations, you will need to be skilled in conducting detailed analysis of sales data, to identify key insights, to make thoughtful recommendations, & to present findings to leadership. You will also be able to bring structure & organization to a fast-paced, quickly growing organization by defining, documenting, & improving processes.
You will love this role if you are passionate about a start-up environment; ready to roll up your sleeves, to jump in the trenches & do the work. Our ideal candidate will thrive in a constantly-changing environment & in successfully engaging decision makers, whilst also having a passion for implementing process.
What youll do
- Execute on a wide variety of initiatives from broad sales strategies to tactical operational improvements
- Develop, document, & implement workflows to enhance organizational effectiveness
- Project manage the quarterly process of developing sales quotas, assigning accounts, & drafting incentive contracts for the sales team
- Review sales member individual performance, trends in overall trade sales, customer segments, & performance of campaigns, messages & tactics in driving sales
- Contribute to the optimization of Salesforce, develop end-user training, & partner with sales leadership to help drive adoption
- Work with multiple stakeholders across the organization (sales, human resources, marketing, product, finance, legal, & analytics) to recommend & implement changes to sales operations processes & reporting utilizing Salesforce & other tools
- Create & manage dashboards & reports for the sales organization (e.g., Salesforce, Looker)
- Analyze sales data using flexible, assumptions-based models to identify key insights, provide recommendations, & inform decisions
- Prepare & present compelling analytical reports & presentations & effectively communicate (both in writing & verbally) complex concepts to sales team audiences
- Evaluate & project manage the implementation of new tools & technologies to improve workflows
What you'll bring
- Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing, Statistics, Economics or other quantitative discipline
- 6-8 years of work experience, with 2+ in consulting, finance, or operations
- Passionate self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who is able to work independently with limited oversight, manage ambiguity, & adapt to changing business needs
- Experience managing direct reports including hiring, on-boarding, training, delegation, & performance management
- Proven ability to manage cross-functional projects involving multiple stakeholders
- A driver with a get it done attitude who can proactively anticipate business needs
- Experience managing multiple competing priorities with a sense of urgency
- A logical & systematic approach to operational processes & analytical tasks with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to think critically & solve problems
- Excellent oral, written, & presentation skills, as well as ability to communicate effectively across multiple organizational levels & roles
- Expert in Excel, comfort with Salesforce a plus
1stdibs is the worlds largest online luxury marketplace for rare & desirable objects. It has become the go-to source for the world's leading interior designers & consumers to find antiques, furniture, jewelry, vintage fashion & fine art.
Backed by Benchmark Capital, Insight Venture Partners, Index Ventures, Spark Capital & Alibaba, 1stdibs is a unique blend of expert curators & seasoned Internet executives from companies including eBay, Gilt, Google, FreshDirect, Mlb.com, Shutterfly, & Twitter.
1stdibs is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity & we are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.