Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about engineering easy-to-use tools that enable internal teams to manage customer resources & interactions.
We are looking for an Engineer experienced with mission-critical full-stack applications to help with the continued growth of the DigitalOcean cloud. Reporting to the Senior Manager in Customer Experience, the Engineer will maintain & transform a critical, full-stack, monolith system into modern, highly available, micro-services, & front ends. This engineer will build internal applications for support, sales, security & internal engineering teams
What Youll Be Doing:
- Build internal applications for support, sales, security & internal engineering teams
- Scale & modernize a mission-critical Ruby system which is used throughout the company
- Create internal services that are performant & highly reliable
- Follow continually evolving engineering practices
- Take part in an on-call rotation every 3 to 4 weeks
What Well Expect From You:
- Deployments: Experience with containerized applications in Docker within a CI/CD environment using GOCD, Concourse or similar platform.
- Design & architecture: Experience working within a microservice architecture; Exposure to asynchronous, event-driven processing & synchronous gRPC/HTTP based requests is a plus.
- Domain experience: hands-on experience with IaaS- & PaaS-based solutions.
- Operational expertise: Knowledge of & ability to use Kibana & Grafana for monitoring, alerting, & troubleshooting (or similar tools).
- Salesforce administration & integration experience is nice to have.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a remote-first culture.
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!